Common Sense Not Required...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
...in Tower Hamlets.

Girl, 5, fined £150 for lemonade stand

It appears that there is at least one person with a brain present in Tower Hamlets council, just a pity that they're not on the front line :rolleyes:

Stories like this fill me with confidence that the enforcement powers vested in Councils up and down the land will only ever be used proportionately, and only where necessary. Not.

Rules is rules, you know :mad:

...in Tower Hamlets.

Girl, 5, fined £150 for lemonade stand

It appears that there is at least one person with a brain present in Tower Hamlets council, just a pity that they're not on the front line :rolleyes:

Stories like this fill me with confidence that the enforcement powers vested in Councils up and down the land will only ever be used proportionately, and only where necessary. Not.

Rules is rules, you know :mad:

Imagine trying to explain to his girl what's just happened she thinks it's a bit of fun and you get some numpty in his superman costume that's failed at everything in life so had to resort to picking on little girls.....sad ****.

Imagine trying to explain to his girl what's just happened she thinks it's a bit of fun and you get some numpty in his superman costume that's failed at everything in life so had to resort to picking on little girls.....sad ****.

Yeh because her father wasn't standing right beside her.:wallbash:

So you think that makes it better then? Going through all that but her dad's there so it's all good?

Her dad got the ticket, she didn't. This is just Daily Mail carp...on the BBC.

She's 5. He should be done for child labour.

Her dad got the ticket, she didn't. This is just Daily Mail carp...on the BBC.

She's 5. He should be done for child labour.

So when kids watch these films of American kids selling lemonade on a little store and think that looks cool a little thing for her and her dad to do and have some fun that's child labour is it? Your just as dilisional as the so called man that gave the ticket.

I don't care if it was the little girl, or her father......Thank god some people still have an entrepreneurial spirit!

As a kid, I used to charge the girls in my class 1 penny for showing them my kn@b! :bannana:

.........nowadays, they want a refund. :D

So when kids watch these films of American kids selling lemonade on a little store and think that looks cool a little thing for her and her dad to do and have some fun that's child labour is it? Your just as dilisional as the so called man that gave the ticket.

*you're* *delusional*

So when kids watch these films of American kids selling lemonade on a little store and think that looks cool a little thing for her and her dad to do and have some fun that's child labour is it?

I think you'll find the odd similar story from the USA as well ....

I'm guessing in this case the 'stall' wasn't at the bottom of a garden but in a public street. In which case it is subject to whatever legislation and byelaws have been made to cover this situation. The tears are irrelevant. And the adult in charge is the one who is ultimately responsible.

You're wasting your time Ricky. Emotion is not allowed or encouraged on this forum. Read the rules dude. :thumb:

I think you'll find the odd similar story from the USA as well ....

I'm guessing in this case the 'stall' wasn't at the bottom of a garden but in a public street. In which case it is subject to whatever legislation and byelaws have been made to cover this situation. The tears are irrelevant. And the adult in charge is the one who is ultimately responsible.

There house might of been on a quiet road or didn't have a front garden either way the point is to let the girl have customers to see her not sit there for hours waiting that would take the fun away, not like it's doing any harm to anybody and if are world is that sad nowadays why not just advise them to pack up and go like the dad said he wasn't even given that option, them renta cops work off having bonus for giving out tickets so who's the real victim in it all? The corner shops 99p bottle of lemonade they sell or the girl and dad that's just been mugged off because the renta cop wants some bonus, my point proven as the council rejected the fine and said sorry it's common sense like the title.

My five-year-old daughter was fined £150 ... for selling lemonade

spicer-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqXkZFro0NjOykgoXy1hUQBuzG_RNXqPtPflXwtUTq5PY.jpg

The dad-Andre Spicer --- he's evidently a Professor of Organisational Behaviour :confused: and according to his profile a frequent commentator in the global media outlets such as FT, CNN, BBC, CNBC, Channel Four, The Guardian, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, The Times, Telegraph, Independent and many others.

Professor André Spicer | Cass Business School

Vintage Racer said:
I don't care if it was the little girl, or her father......Thank god some people still have an entrepreneurial spirit! As a kid, I used to charge the girls in my class 1 penny for showing them my kn@b! :bannana: .........nowadays, they want a refund. :D .
We had a bird in our school who would charge 20p for a grope of her knockers!

The father was fined, not the little girl.

According to the BBC report and the Guardian it was the girl who was fined.

Whatever, it was a pathetic and mean spirited way to approach the little girls initiative by jumped up self important nanny state officials. If I were the father I'd like to have given the officials a smack and stuff the consequences.

Fortunately someone within the council had a modicum of common sense and cancelled the fine and apologised.

Girl, 5, fined £150 for lemonade stand - BBC News
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/21/girl-fined-running-homemade-lemonade-stall

We had a bird in our school who would charge 20p for a grope of her knockers!

So you had a quids worth?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom