Concierge or similar

• Thread starter Deleted member 6183
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 6183

I want to book a table at a rather popular restaurant for the Mrs birthday in July 2018.

Their online booking facility shows it as unavailable for pretty much anytime, they have received a big award recently.

I don't have the type of credit card which affords me this kind of service so that's no use.

Any ideas?

Phone them.

Sometimes the online booking systems don't tell the full story as regards availability.

Phone them.

Sometimes the online booking systems don't tell the full story as regards availability.

I did, they have turned the phones off, I've emailed and got an auto reply.

I could always choose somewhere else but I have to at least equal her effort for my last 'landmark' birthday,

This (and dress up a bit) that doesn't seem to make a difference with some high end places when you're booking in person (if you can get there)
We've used a friend calling as a PA to big up someone
Not the sort of place i wanted to go but he was impressing someone.....;)

They don't seem a particularly friendly restaurant toward customer service do they?
I'd give them the preverbial middle finger and book somewhere that does want your custom. There are plenty of great restaurants around that are prepared to pick up a phone and answer an email.

They don't seem a particularly friendly restaurant toward customer service do they?
I'd give them the preverbial middle finger and book somewhere that does want your custom. There are plenty of great restaurants around that are prepared to pick up a phone and answer an email.
^This

I’m not sure where you live but if you want a truly special evening I can recommend Morston Hall in Norfolk, this is Galton Blackistock’s place.

If you go with the accommodation option the garden rooms are lovely, they normally want you to book the whole weekend but this time of year it’s worth an ask if you only want one night.

The food is truly superb, you have to go with the menu set for the evening but he will accommodate vegetarians.

There were several courses and the plate is not full if you get my meaning but there are a lot of courses, he even made a Jerusalem artichoke taste special.

The North Norfolk coast is a lovely place this time of year and the bird watching is superb (feathered)

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can I ask where is it you are trying to book for when and how many?

I did, they have turned the phones off, I've emailed and got an auto reply.

I could always choose somewhere else but I have to at least equal her effort for my last 'landmark' birthday,
Turning the phones off seems a poor show for a nice restaurant. Perhaps a member lives nearby and can call in if you don't get a reply to your email.

There are some great places up in Scotland for taking a lady out to dinner. July will give you late light nights and some stunning scenery, perhaps by the side of a Loch or overlooking a small fishing village. Stay the night and get a full Scottish breakfast in the morning.

Steve.

^ Ah. the pub voted the best restaurant in the world by trip advisor?

Quite the opposite, Trip adviser in isolation can be a little too 'real world', the top rated place in my village is an ice cream parlour.
That's what I meant. According to TA the best restaurant in Skiathos is a bar that sells burgers, salads and a couple of pasta dishes! FFS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom