Concierge or similar

• Thread starter Deleted member 6183
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On Trip Advisor, doesn't "best" mean statistically the highest rated of it's customers? As long as you treat it as such I find it really useful for finding new restaurants in areas I know, and finding good places to eat in areas I don't!

I want to book a table at a rather popular restaurant for the Mrs birthday in July 2018.

Their online booking facility shows it as unavailable for pretty much anytime, they have received a big award recently.

I don't have the type of credit card which affords me this kind of service so that's no use.

Any ideas?
Some places don't let you book online that far in advance hence why it looks like no availability, having said that I couldn't find an online booking service for them on their website. I would call them again, I just did and got through ok!

Some places don't let you book online that far in advance hence why it looks like no availability, having said that I couldn't find an online booking service for them on their website. I would call them again, I just did and got through ok!

This is it.

They have responded and confirmed have to wait until 3 months before we visit.

I shall set a reminder in my calendar.

Looking forward to it, for my 50th the Mrs took me to the no1 at the time which is now no6 and it was a great experience. The fact that trip adviser are involved or that the restaurant is a pub doesn't bother me at all, I'm not small minded in that respect.

Read recently about a pushy young woman who changed her name by deed poll to Lady Beretta-Browning (or some other such double barrelled moniker..gedditt? :rolleyes:)

Her first name being Lady was designed to give her an advantage when booking tables at such establishments. I suggest you do the same...but I think changing your Christian name to 'Sir' would be preferable in this instance :p

That's quite near to me and I was planning on popping in.
I probably will one day, but saying that, The Star Inn Home Page has a much better local reputation and is only 20 minutes away from the black swan.
Nobody had ever mentioned the black Swan up these parts until the announcement!

Read recently about a pushy young woman who changed her name by deed poll to Lady Beretta-Browning (or some other such double barrelled moniker..gedditt? :rolleyes:)

Her first name being Lady was designed to give her an advantage when booking tables at such establishments. I suggest you do the same...but I think changing your Christian name to 'Sir' would be preferable in this instance :p

Haha
I just bought a old pal a Countryfile calendar from the BBC for Christmas and you can pick your title from Dr, Sir, Lord etc when you have it delivered to them. It was too much to resist not winding him up.... so he's now Lord Carl Peach-Melba !

We went there this week, it was excellent.

It was a long journey but the food and service were superb, we gained some inspiration for ourselves.

As it turned out it wasn't for the Mrs Birthday, that's in a few months.

^ Ah. the pub voted the best restaurant in the world by trip advisor?

But only 4.4 on Google...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom