Condensation W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Belcher

Car
C55 AMG (2005)
Getting a fair bit of condensation on the insides of my front and rear glass on my 2005 W203 C55. Seems worst on the rear window. So much that see whole drops of water running down at times. Are there any common places where water can get in that I can try and look for? To my knowledge, there is no rust that I can see on my car, and the window seals have no bumps in them.

Thanks

Leaving a toasty car in very cold temperatures will lead to condensation, you can get dehumidifier bags from Lakeland for about £10 well worth a punt if you are sure you have no leak's.

Tony.

I had 2 condensation packs ,waste of cash .Just been out to mine ,the back window had water drips ready to drop of .I have to do this every day after frost . My car is not used .I do cover it over with no problems .well last year i did .But the wind put pay to me covering it over this time, as the wind would have damaged the cover .So other than drying them off .Its a dehumidifier you need .

Yeh, I ordered a pair of those dehumid bags, and they are sat waiting for me at home. Will see how I go with them. Apparently, when they are full, you microwave them !!!

I had 2 condensation packs ,waste of cash .Just been out to mine ,the back window had water drips ready to drop of .I have to do this every day after frost . My car is not used .I do cover it over with no problems .well last year i did .But the wind put pay to me covering it over this time, as the wind would have damaged the cover .So other than drying them off .Its a dehumidifier you need .

you have to keep them re charged they wont just keep holding moisture by the gallon!

Tony.

I don't have problems with mine, the aircon system should dry the air. Have a look at the filter under the battery and check there's no water ingress there/ replace filter as nescessary.

Are there any drains for a sunroof or roof rails that could get blocked and run through the car? I've had this on a previous MK4 golf.

With the weather being cold its not uncommon to get condensation. Saying that though I noticed my silver one did condensate up on the back window quite a bit, even when it wasn't that cold, im sure it had a leak or something. My current one doesn't do it.

If its doing it on the front as well, maybe some seals are gone or something?

Apologies for dragging up and old thread.. I'm having the same issues, did you ever resolve this? Cheers

Old socks filled with kitty litter. Or a few trays of kitty litter left in the car (as long as you don't drive with them) have been known as a cheap dehumidifying medium.

I tried a small de humidifier in the wife's Zafira which was constantly damp inside due to kids willies/coats etc. But in the cold weather the heat exchanger became coated in solid ice , so it was useless.

Make sure you have the a/c on, even in this chilly weather. Check the cabin filter and make sure the windscreen scuttle drains are clear.

Tried both of these.. had about 5 socks with kitty litter at one stage.. still didn’t help, also tried running ac at all times but issue is still present.. got an error the other day stating passenger mirror side repeater so I’m thinking maybe a leak around this area ??

The W203 (along with Mercs) is very prone to blocked WIndscreen Scuttle Drains & Sunroof Drains. Get the bonnet up into the vertical and take a look at were the scuttle drains connect up to the downpipes behind the engine at the firewall. These pipes can be easily removed and cleaned out. The outer ones will require a high pressure air line to blow them thru from the top. Same with the Sunroof Drains. Try and blow them thru. Using wire can lead punctures in the pipe that you will not able to repair.

Tried both of these.. had about 5 socks with kitty litter at one stage.. still didn’t help, also tried running ac at all times but issue is still present.. got an error the other day stating passenger mirror side repeater so I’m thinking maybe a leak around this area ??

I doubt that has anything to do with your condensation problem..

Check the spare wheel well for signs of water ingress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom