connecting an Optimax trickle charger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Grahamd

Car
W208 CLK 230K Cab and Range Rover Sport 2.7TDV6 HSE
I don't use my W208 CLK much and I am considering connecting an Optimax trickle charger to the battery whilst the car is laid up in the garage for the winter. The charger was used previously on a motorcycle. Is this a good idea or is a semi-permanent connection to a charger not suitable?

I don't use my W208 CLK much and I am considering connecting an Optimax trickle charger to the battery whilst the car is laid up in the garage for the winter. The charger was used previously on a motorcycle. Is this a good idea or is a semi-permanent connection to a charger not suitable?

A good idea, I use them all the time, just use the crocodile clips across the battery terminals. I would say disconnect the battery, but fear this may interfere with the ecu unit if left off for any length of time

A proper maintenance charger is fine - they are designed to be left permanently connected. I have used one on my SL for a number of years ... it's wall-mounted in the garage, and plugs in to a flylead in the boot (which is attached to the battery terminals). The car is hooked up every time I park it.

A proper maintenance charger is fine - they are designed to be left permanently connected. I have used one on my SL for a number of years ... it's wall-mounted in the garage, and plugs in to a flylead in the boot (which is attached to the battery terminals). The car is hooked up every time I park it.

Mine too, I have an Accumate like yours Bill.

Mine too, I have an Accumate.
Same here.

AccuMate2.jpg

Last edited:
Brilliant. Thanks for the feedback guys!
Graham

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom