Connector in centre armrest - what is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

limby

Car
C320 CDI W204
At the risk of sounding stupid here, but I'm a newbie so please be gentle. Can someone explain what this connector is for that I just noticed underneath a plastic cover in the centre console/armrest in my W204. I'm guessing it's to do with the phone??

Under this cover in the armrest/storage area....

Is this....

Thanks

Aha, I see. Thanks. Had a quick look at the website.

I can already connect with bluetooth to the comand system and make/receive calls I just can't download the phonebook and access other features e.g. SMS , I'm guessing that's what this will enable me to do?

Looking at the prices of these adaptors I think I'll live with dialling the numbers manually or using the recent calls list!

Thanks for your help anyway :)

Aha, I see. Thanks. Had a quick look at the website.

I can already connect with bluetooth to the comand system and make/receive calls I just can't download the phonebook and access other features e.g. SMS , I'm guessing that's what this will enable me to do?

Looking at the prices of these adaptors I think I'll live with dialling the numbers manually or using the recent calls list!

Thanks for your help anyway :)

Which phone do you have? You shoudl be able to download the phonebook without that phone cradle.

I guess you have pre MY2012 (i.e pre facelift) W204 so have NTG4 Comand. This won't import the phonebook from most (maybe all) phones, so then you have to use a bluetooth device on the comfort phone UHI port (which was an option that your car has).

So, you need either a Viseeo MB-4, or a Mercedes HFP, or a Mercedes phone specific cradle plugged into there if you want phonebook import from the phone

R

I guess you have pre MY2012 (i.e pre facelift) W204 so have NTG4 Comand. This won't import the phonebook from most (maybe all) phones, so then you have to use a bluetooth device on the comfort phone UHI port (which was an option that your car has).

So, you need either a Viseeo MB-4, or a Mercedes HFP, or a Mercedes phone specific cradle plugged into there if you want phonebook import from the phone

R

Yes, mine's a 2008. I've seen the viseeo and the hfp online which are quite pricey. I guess a cradle would be cheaper than a bluetooth module but I cant seem to find one for my phone

Hi, I have a 2007 57 plate cl63. The car detects my iphone 5 and the phone finds the car but they won't pair? The car asks me to enter a pin into both the car and phone. Where do I find the pin?
Thanks

Hi, I have a 2007 57 plate cl63. The car detects my iphone 5 and the phone finds the car but they won't pair? The car asks me to enter a pin into both the car and phone. Where do I find the pin?
Thanks

I think you just have to enter the same number on each device so make one up e.g. 1234 thats what I did on my android and it worked, unless mine was a lucky guess!

The modules are a lot cheaper on e bay. Even the salesman who sold me me SLK told me not to pay the MB price!

I bought one for £75 on the bay and sold it 2 years later for £110.

I think you just have to enter the same number on each device so make one up e.g. 1234 thats what I did on my android and it worked, unless mine was a lucky guess!

Not sure about that?

I think they all have the same pin no. If you download the instruction pdf it tells you what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom