Convince me...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It seems you are trying to convince yourself with the help of others that the C is the best choice.

There is no doubt that the C class in that colour scheme looks amazing.

And I also understand binning an older car you love because it causes you jip now and again. I had this with my last car and it was the hassle of getting it sorted I couldn't be bothered with in the end. Not to mention my current car is more up to date technology-wise which appealed (as well as many other reasons for selling my last car and buying this one).

But, choosing the C is expensive and means you lose the Z4.

I think you prefer the Z4 overall but are pissed that it has had a big bill and you now expect other bills to follow. Fair enough, it is an 8 year old car but if you maintain it as should, apart from age there is nothing to suggest a flurry of other issues will crop up. Even if they do, as you state, it will be far cheaper than buying the C, which in itself, will be out of warranty at some point in the not too distant future - so you will then have to stump up for repairs on top of the amount you've spent to get it. Don't be thinking a 3 or 4 year old car won't have issues unless you are very lucky!

I would keep the Z4 as you have paid for it and run a second cheaper vehicle which suits what you need it for.

However, if you have really had enough of the Z4 and are bored of it, you should go for the C and move on. One lot of running costs and all the bits and pieces you get over the Z.

But will a newer car with some "LED lights" etc. make up for the twin turbo inline 6 you are binning?!

Or to put it another way, only you can decide as you know your own heart...

It really isn’t sensible to prioritise a flash car over a pension....so lose the C class. But I am a boring accountant so what would you expect me to say?!

So as you know, this has been something of an internal struggle. However in the end, the car that I own, and the cash saved has won out. Goodbye Mercedes, perhaps I’ll see you again one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom