Coolant leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4miejenks

Car
C200
Hey guys,

I have noticed a small coolant leak from the rubber hose between the air box to the top of the engine.

Model is 2011 c200cdi OM651.

Is this common? If so what is the fix.

Thanks in advance.

Will try and get a pic to show the hose

It's the pipe that has the foil at the base of it in the left hand corner of the this photo. This photo is for reference only. It's leaking where the foil is.

I don't think that will be coolant leaking from that pipe, as it is an oil breather hose linking from the turbo intake pipe to the rocker cover.
That foil part often becomes tatty once the pipe has been disturbed a few times when the car is worked on.
There is a possibility of something else leaking onto that area though?

Strange?! as it looks to to be spitting from that area...and I can see the rusty water mark where it has been leaking.

Also mine has no foil So maybe one of the reasons...

there is a coolant supply to the turbo just behind there, and also that thin black pipe above the before mentioned pipe.
But I would bet that the coolant is actually coming from the water pump. they are a common failure.
the coolant gets thrown outwards by the pulley and scattered by the belt/other pulleys. it is sometimes tricky to see because theres a shield fitted over the front of the belt which quietens the belt noise but hinders inspection without pulling it off first.

Have heard they are prone to failure, being an inferior plastic part! Will drop it down my local Indy in the week to take a look...hoping it was a quick fix as I've thrown too much money at this car of late!

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom