Coolant loss 260e

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

optimusprime

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes W124 260E M103
Hi .After fitting my new elbow to radiator top to stop coolant loss,i thought job done. But this is just to easy for me.Still have water leaking from bottom of engine.So to-day i removed the bottom tray to find the coolant was running down behind bottom pully .I dont think that the water dropping down from here would be the pump.Can it run behind the timming case cover to drip off in this location ,i dont know. No oil in water ,or water in expansion bottle Engine M103 W 124 260e 1989 Can anyone give me any information please.:doh:

That is the beginnings of a knackered water pump. They drip when not running then stop once the engine is run. Exactly what happened to my 300-SE

Stwat hope you are right ,water is dripping from rear of bottom pully ,can coolant reach this area at bottom front of engine.Also as you said as i moved it no leak.But after i was under the car it was dripping again in a short time.

Yes it drips down/dribbles down then drips from the bottom pulley.

+1 for the water pump.

+2 for the water pump. Fitting a new one to my 190E 2.6 (same engine) cured the leak.

ss201 can i ask you the type of pump you fitted .I could do with the right number for my 260e w124 1989.One or two want the Mercedes number before they will post it off.And i dont know the number of the pump to be sure.Only one i have is A 10320003701 .

Give Wunderpartz a call. 01302 351 421 They will be able to get you the correct part using your reg number.

As above, Brend at Wunderpartz is the person to get proper parts at very keen prices :)

I sourced one from a motor factor - can't remember where now, but agree with the above. Wundepartz are excellent - have your VIN handy when you call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom