Copenhagen visit, what to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lennox

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GTD /A6 Ultra - Merc next time!!
I'm in Copenhagen for the next few days and will have a few hours to live OK around. Any tips as to what to see, where to go and places to eat?

Any ideas appreciated. I'm staying pretty centrally so inner town only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The little mermaid stays down by the docks ; Tivoli Gardens are colourful .

Carlsberg have a brewery tour which is on the outskirts but easily accessible by train/taxi. They have a microbrewery there where they recreate old recipes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The little mermaid stays down by the docks ; Tivoli Gardens are colourful .

Little mermaid was a huge disappointment for me, there are far more interesting things to see just back from the shoreline round there, castle, gardens etc.

Tivoli is awesome, some really cool old rides (oldest rollercoaster? made from wood!) and some more up-to date ones (one has some serious G forces)

Apart from that, the food is excellent and the old houses/canals are nice.

Tivoli Gardens are great, but like thetree said, the little mermaid is an enormous let down and wouldn't bother.

Agreed! She's a lot smaller than I'd imagined and was even headless the second time I went there! Apparently this happens a lot - people like to decapitate her for a laugh! The current head is quite new! LOL!

First time I went to Denmark I had the pleasure of seeing manhatten Transfer play (for free) at Tivoli. I've loved the place ever since! :)

Last ( and only ) time I was there was in 1970 .

Well done seeing Manhattan Transfer , alas no more as I'm pretty sure one of them passed away .

I loved the way the police cars had 'POLIS' written on them :)

Tivoli is worth a visit but don't eat there, it's expensive (or was). The brewery is also a good way to spend a few hours.

If you fancy a money no object meal go to Noma, sometimes rated as the best in the world. In fact don't bother, you won't get a booking ar short notice. Go to Geranium instead. It's marginally cheaper and just as good, with better availability.

If you had time to go further afield I'd suggest getting the train to the castle at Elsinor - the supposed basis for Hamlet.

Well I'm here and I managed to find McDonalds!!!! (Don't judge me I have travelled all day and need to prep for an interview) I'm here on my own so sitting in a fancy restaurant on my own ain't my thing but noted if I end up out here with the family.

So post that I'm taking 3 hours out to see the city. The gardens look like the target and I might grab a Segway tour to see as much as possible fast.

I cannot believe this place though. So trusting.
- Trains have no barriers or ticket checks. But everyone buys a ticket.
- Bikes all over with no locks in sight
- bars and beers openly available on the street
- no water barriers (I almost fell in!)

Stunning place: (only photos I have so far...)

a15bf6af93d50837cbe4fb4e4948f514.jpg

8d87c4fe1f2e164c46de29f7625cd86f.jpg

I'm in Copenhagen for the next few days and will have a few hours to live OK around. Any tips as to what to see, where to go and places to eat?

Any ideas appreciated. I'm staying pretty centrally so inner town only.

Enjoy the women. Simple

Don't walk in a cycle lane (when they're part of the pavement) or you'll get a sharp clip round the lug. Ordinary peeps become the same obsessive me-me-me as they do here once they don the Lycra.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom