Cordless Lawnmower?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
For others that may be considering buying a Rotak 43Li, I noted confictling information on the Bosch website and their linked brochure: the former stating it came with 2.6Ah batteries while the latter indicating that it came supplied with 4.0Ah batteries.

A message sent to Bosch prompted the following response...

"This model has been supplied with 2.6ah batteries for some years and many places still have stock however this year it will start to be supplied with 4.0ah batteries and some dealers may already have them. During the transition period it is a case of asking/checking at time of ordering. The web sites may not all be updated yet".

Last edited:
Spinaltap. did you resolve this please? I'm now on the hunt for a similar type. Just need a small battery mower for two very small areas of grass.

Spinaltap. did you resolve this please? I'm now on the hunt for a similar type. Just need a small battery mower for two very small areas of grass.

Yes, I bought the Ryobi RLM18X40H240 18V Fusion Cordless Lawn Mower. This utilises twin 18v/4.0A 'One+' batteries - which can also be used to power other Ryobi power tools. I also purchased the matching trimmer (without battery), and plan on buying their cordless pole saw (without battery).

The mower might be considered pricey - especially if you buy it from Homebase/Argos for £450. However, with an online discount voucher, I got it from Tooled-Up.com for £360.

The batteries, with the charger, on their own would usually cost around £200 - so the real cost of the mower is around £160. The added benefit is that I don't have to buy further batteries in using other Ryobi products.

Typically, I can mow the front and rear garden, plus trim all the edges, and still maintain a 'four light' battery charge (the batteries have integral battery charge indicators).

Previously, I seemed to spend more time in unwinding, avoiding cutting, and stowing away the mains cable than I did actually mowing the lawn. Now, mowing the lawns is as simple as hoovering the lounge.

Petrol mower owners will no doubt be highly sceptical on my purchasing decision, but I would highly recommend the Ryobi mower.

You have a cordless Hoover too? :confused:

I have the cordless Gtech Air Ram - it's fantastic!

airramprofile.jpg

I was experimenting with a Petrol/Electric hybrid lawnmower idea the other week. It worked rather well, a genius idea I thought. :D

Attachments

• Hybrid.jpg
    Hybrid.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 12
whats wrong with good ol' 2-stroke?

i sit on my lawnmower, much easier. I'm quickly getting all the mod cons for it too;

- lawn sweeper & grass collector
- seed spreader
- dethatcher
- crop sprayer
- trailer

all good fun.

My Dad had a battery powered lawnmower which dated from the 1960's & was splendid for maintaining the "show" lawns although the rougher grass got slaughtered with a petrol mower

Proper self propelled cylinder lawnmower with past iron roller, dark green, powered by two large lead-acid batteries that sat in a housing on top.

It was (a) big and (b) very, very heavy. Every now & again needed new batteries & the cylinder sharpened but that was it.

Wish I still had it but my sister got rid of it for scrap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom