Correct Tyre Pressures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

92Adam

Car
S211 E280cdi
Bit Confused:confused:

What are the correct pressure's on my car???

18" front & Rear standard AMG factory fit!!

Book & fuel filler cap read 36psi front & 41psi seems a bit high to me:dk:
Sorry for my buffoonery never had to check before & only due to display telling me to check pressures...

Any suggestions folks:thumb:

Also what size and fitaments are the normal wheel nuts as one seems to have disappeared of a wheel:eek::eek:

Last edited:
Correct tyre pressures are according to book n filler cap data. You can adjust them according to your own driving experience n tyre wear.

Bit Confused:confused:

What are the correct pressure's on my car???

18" front & Rear standard AMG factory fit!!

Book & fuel filler cap read 36psi front & 41psi seems a bit high to me:dk:
Sorry for my buffoonery never had to check before & only due to display telling me to check pressures...

Any suggestions folks:thumb:

Also what size and fitaments are the normal wheel nuts as one seems to have disappeared of a wheel:eek::eek:

I thought this at first, I have 19" wheels on mine and it states 42psi on fronts ! I have tried running them lower but it feels ****e. Bear in mind they are right underneath that mahoosive fuggoff motor !:cool:

Really did not ought to be going away from manufacturer tyre pressures in my opinion ( thats worth absolutely nothing) They sort of know what they are talking about :)

Depends on why manufacturers recommend how they do. Are they over-inflating to get the mpg figures down?

Also depends on the make of tyre the recommend against, as even in tyres with the same load indices there will be differences in sidewall flex.

My filler cap recommends 32/29 but I've been running 33/30 - this looks better to me when sat, and I've seen a lot of different car tyres in my almost 30 years of driving.

As long as one is within the range recommended and the front/rear balance is maintained, it's down to subjective ride comfort and handling, whilst keeping an eye on tyre wear.

I get better wear by sticking within the limits set by the manufacturer but using the lower figure for the rears and the higher for the fronts.
This assumes no heavy loads or massively high speeds.
My reasoning is that the fronts wear at the shoulders and the rears in the centre.

Rear pressures are usually specified higher than they might need to be purely on load basis to ensure that rear grip is at least as high as the front. If you have rears lower than the front there is a concern about dangerous oversteer.

My compromise is to run the rears the same as the front but never lower.

Rear pressures are usually specified higher than they might need to be purely on load basis to ensure that rear grip is at least as high as the front. If you have rears lower than the front there is a concern about dangerous oversteer.

My compromise is to run the rears the same as the front but never lower.

Sounds logical

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom