Costco for tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zenman63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 L450 Range Rover 4.4 AB, 2015 GTs 2017 Range rover evoque
Looking for new tyres for my ML63 today, looked on line at Camskill, Tyre leader etc all much the same but after my last tyre purchase I had problems finding anyone who would fit them!
Just called my local Costco for Michelin tyres, there cheaper there than on line for the same tyre and another plus, the work shop is spotless.

Costco have some good tyre deals, notably £50 off 2 and £100 of 4 tyres on certain brands. None on at the moment though

In my experience, excellent service and very good pricing (Michelin Pilots for the 911)

Prices includes the usual fitting/valve/balance/disposal plus nitrogen filling and they even clean the wheels after (how many places would bother to do that).

Very professional from start to finish - thumbs up from me :thumb:

In my experience, excellent service and very good pricing (Michelin Pilots for the 911)

Prices includes the usual fitting/valve/balance/disposal plus nitrogen filling and they even clean the wheels after (how many places would bother to do that).

Very professional from start to finish - thumbs up from me :thumb:

As above - good tyres, good service, etc - apart from the bit regarding pricing.

They have special promotions from time to time and this can be a bargain depending on the current promotion.

I did get tyres off them on a couple of occasions, including when they had the '4-for-the-price-of-3' promotion :thumb:

Would recommend the prawn and smoked salmon boxed salad £4.95 whilst your waiting cracking lunch :)
Ps stay away from the bread and bun section far too tempting !

Looking for new tyres for my ML63 today, looked on line at Camskill, Tyre leader etc all much the same but after my last tyre purchase I had problems finding anyone who would fit them!
Just called my local Costco for Michelin tyres, there cheaper there than on line for the same tyre and another plus, the work shop is spotless.

I've used albeit not for some years.

How much were they? 295/35/21?

Latitude sport 3 107 index 295/35/21 4x fitted £950 inc vat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whenever I'm in one I don't make it that far, I get far too distracted by cheap electronics and free food to try :eek:

What are the costs involved in joining Cosco to get access to these bargains?

What are the costs involved in joining Cosco to get access to these bargains?

Its around £30 a year.

If you're planning on a few expensive purchases (e.g. £1k of tyres like the OP here) it could be worth looking at an executive membership, with the Amex/Exec combo you can get 3% cash back on Costco purchases which add up over time :)

I think it's another £20 or £30 but for me it more than paid for itself over the year.

Costco are also excellent value for Mobil 1 oil, I think £25+vat for 5L.

Could be worth joining for the tyres and oil alone :)

Costco (trade) starts at £22+VAT. If you know a cardholder, they can add you onto their account for £14+VAT

Oh and forgot to add spouse's card is free

Looking for new tyres for my ML63
...Costco...

They're fine if you're buying 4 but if you want 2 they absolutely will only put them on the back. Got into a right load of hassle on my car as they didn't realise until into the job that the front and rear were staggered sizes.

Asda tyres are normally pretty good..............

They have a reputation for sometimes selling "new" tyres that are quite old. "New" is up to 5yrs old. The industry regards "brand new" as up to 3yrs old.

Never mind tyres. Just went past their new petrol station in Manchester. 113 for super unleaded!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom