Courtsey cars supplied by MB dealers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam05

Car
C220CDI Sport (COMAND) W204
I'm currently in a 65 plate C220cdi SE supplied by my local MB dealer as mine is in for repairs at the moment.

Is it just my local MB dealer or is it all MB dealers...the courtesy car I have been given is poorly maintained. I get it that the car I have been given is a courtesy car with will not be treated as well as a private owned car or even an leased owned car.

The car I have been given by my local MB dealer is advising on the dash that the service is overdue by 98 days (mileage on the car is showing 11k) and it was supplied with very little screenwash. The exterior and interior are both filthy (I get the filthy exterior given the time of the year).

I guess this C class will be sold as MB used approved once the dealer has finished using it as a courtesy car? Your thoughts...

Last edited:
I haven't had much to do with dealers since my parents bought new MB's during the 60's and 70's .

Back then , courtesy cars could vary from a new VW Beetle to any model of MB they happened to have lying around . These days , some dealers give out Smart Cars .

Different dealers will have different ideas : some will give you anything they have lying around ; others who sense you might be in the market for a change may give you a new demonstrator or indeed a model up from whatever you are driving .

Smaller 'indies' might give out an older model , like a 190E , which in good order is a surprisingly nice drive .

I would , however , generally expect something at least clean and presentable . If I was given something unloved and dirty inside and out , I'd be inclined to complain .

I am quite happy with an old car as a courtesy car, but I would run a mile and never return to any garage that gave me something that was showing the car was overdue for service by 3 months. The message it sends about the standards of that dealer is appalling.

The A180d I had earlier this year (March, in fact) from MB Northampton, was immaculate - clean, with just over 1,900 miles on the clock and all the gadgets (COMAND online, 360º cam, etc). Can't complain, but was still glad to get back into my cute A200 ... :D

The E350 coupe I had from MB Cheltenham was fantastic, very swift! Just 1800 miles on the clock. A contrast to my c180 2011 estate! Dropped my car off on a Saturday, don't know if that made any difference? (or maybe because I was having a large 100% MB goodwill job being done they wanted to look after me! Had it for 5 days!)

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I'm currently in a 65 plate C220cdi SE supplied by my local MB dealer as mine is in for repairs at the moment.

Is it just my local MB dealer or is it all MB dealers...the courtesy car I have been given is poorly maintained. I get it that the car I have been given is a courtesy car with will not be treated as well as a private owned car or even an leased owned car.

The car I have been given by my local MB dealer is advising on the dash that the service is overdue by 98 days (mileage on the car is showing 11k) and it was supplied with very little screenwash. The exterior and interior are both filthy (I get the filthy exterior given the time of the year).

I guess this C class will be sold as MB used approved once the dealer has finished using it as a courtesy car? Your thoughts...

Is this an official Mercedes main dealer in the UK?

To be 98 days overdue for a service, it would suggest that th car is 15 months old which would be remarkable for an official main dealer in the UK.

Dealers register courtesy and demo cars to hel hit volume targets, and sell them on as used cars as soon as they're able to within the rules set by MBUK on registering and selling demonstrators.

Bobby Dazzler said:
Is this an official Mercedes main dealer in the UK?.

Yes, they are an official Mercedes dealer, part of the Stratstone group.

When mine went in for service, I got a GLA180d. Clean and wasn't due a service for a while, but it stank of cigarettes (I hate the smell).

I had a E220d when it went in for repair (2 weeks later) but that was supplied by Europcar throught the Mobilo care. As I had a C63, I could pick anything from their range they had. Asked for a GLE but an E turned up. The seats were comfy but the convertible soft top was awful. Creaked and let so much sound in I though it was broken!

Glad to get back in my car both times!

Tombola said:
Glad to get back in my car both times!

I can't wait to get my 9 year old C220cdi back either, apart from from the poor maintenance on this courtesy car I'd say it's got a bad rattle coming from the dash and the car in general feels tinny and not as solid as the w204 I drive.

I was looking at upgrading to the w205 soon but I'll be looking elsewhere.

GLK said:
The A180d I had earlier this year (March, in fact) from MB Northampton, was immaculate - clean, with just over 1,900 miles on the clock and all the gadgets (COMAND online, 360º cam, etc). Can't complain, but was still glad to get back into my cute A200 ... :D

Was it a black five door? That's what the gave me, quite nippy but felt like I couldn't see over the bonnet! lol

Have to say over the past few years:

BMW courtesy cars:
F80 M3
330d cabriolet
420d m sport with full m Perfprmance bodykit
All the latest reg plates

Audi:
A6 BiTDI
RS4 Avant

Mercedes:
A180 Cdi SE

Now given the fact that my Audi was an SQ5 and Bmw all been M3's or a 335 going in. My MB was a C63.

I think BMW and Audi have treated me far more fairly in trying to give a sensible equivalent. In fact I think MB courtesy cars are not great for people with higher models.

BMW tend to give me one of their demonstrators now maybe to try and sell the newer or higher model to me. When I had the M3 I always got the M3 courtesy car/demo in return.

^ I can see the sense in giving a higher spec, better model car as a courtesy car. Just surprising MB don't appear to play ball.

My first service with MB was a brand spanking new W205, even had to post on here asking how to get it in gear as they didn't show me :wallbash:

Was expecting similar at my last service (a C class) but got the A class

Yes, they are an official Mercedes dealer, part of the Stratstone group.

My experience of Stratatone has been pretty poor over the last few years.
I have complete trust in the JCT600 group though ... far better standards in my experience.
Regardless, a dirty interior is NOT acceptable.

Was it a black five door? That's what the gave me, quite nippy but felt like I couldn't see over the bonnet! lol

Yup, that's the one, and I had the same impression - the driving position is so much better in a 169.

I also felt the brakes were too patronising - getting out of a multi-storey car park, the car would brake on a down ramp by itself. I'm quite capable of handling this myself, thank you very much.

Certainly better torque, than mine (2035cc petrol), but otherwise I prefer my A200 every time.

My E63 went in for some warranty work and they gave me a 16plate GLE350d with 1800 miles on the clock.

Now I hated 4x4's and really didn't want it but thought lets give it a try, anyway 5 days and 1000miles later and I loved it so much that now I'm looking for an ML63/GLE63.

Merc and BMW have always looked after us when the cars go in, so I'm grateful for that.

My last one was a manual SLC 200 AMG, complete with damaged 19 inch alloys and 1500 miles on it. Once I got inside, I enjoyed the summer sun and it took me back a few years, but unfortunately, no blonde to go with it! Not fond of the clunky manual, though.

Variously, I've had a B-Class, 205 C-Class 250CDi, 204 C-Class Coupe, and A-Class. These cars have been from every MB dealership group in Central Scotland, and apart from the wheel damage, no complaints about presentation.

Ernie

Now I hated 4x4's and really didn't want it but thought lets give it a try, anyway 5 days and 1000miles later and I loved it so much that now I'm looking for an ML63/GLE63.

A fine choice :thumb:

Have to say over the past few years:

BMW courtesy cars:
F80 M3
330d cabriolet
420d m sport with full m Perfprmance bodykit
All the latest reg plates

Audi:
A6 BiTDI
RS4 Avant

Mercedes:
A180 Cdi SE

Now given the fact that my Audi was an SQ5 and Bmw all been M3's or a 335 going in. My MB was a C63.

I think BMW and Audi have treated me far more fairly in trying to give a sensible equivalent. In fact I think MB courtesy cars are not great for people with higher models.

BMW tend to give me one of their demonstrators now maybe to try and sell the newer or higher model to me. When I had the M3 I always got the M3 courtesy car/demo in return.

Mercedes did that to me, gave me some underpowered little diesel **** car. I complained, politely but sternly, and the next time I had SLS assigned :) and from there on was asked which one I would like. That was more like it ...

I have had various cars, A, B, C and E class cars, some needing a clean but overall most fairly good condition.

Has any of you paid any attention when signing the agreement looked at the excess?

£2500 was the last time I looked, I have had this lowered on occasion to £50 but mostly I will wait for the car, sitting in the dealership drinking coffee and reading a paper not too bad a place to be really.

Mind you I am retired so easier for me than some.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom