Crash for cash N West

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steptoe11

Car
E500 W211Saloon 2002, C32 AMG Estate 2002, Range Rover Vogue V8 L322
I recently was involved in a road rage incident. A driver in a small van overtook me pulled in and anchored on, he did it 3 times in which i managed to avoid collision twice, as i was driving extremely carefully after the first attempt. However on the third time he tried it:mad: i completely lost it and didnt avoid him, i rammed the little van (i was in a big sprinter luton) down the road untill we stopped, two men got out shouting so i grabbed an 18" adjustable spanner and went for them, they obviously soiled there knickers and ran off. I was so angry i beat the back of there van with the spanner and proceded to chase them down the road. They ended up fleeing and seeking refuge in a field, i returned to their vehicle incase they had left the keys in so i could hide thier vehicle from them when they returned. Alas there where no keys and this probably kept me out of court and i had to attend a driver awareness course. In 20 years of driving i have never lost it like i did that day, i just goes to show how mad driving can be.

steptoe11
N. West

Popcorn and chair ready here... this one could be a cracker when the holier than thou mob arrive ;) :D

Assuming this is a true story (and I have no reason to doubt it)... then you are doing yourself no favours by providing details on a public forum of an incident that may yet become the focus of a police enquiry or an insurance court case?

If you 'had to attend a driver awareness course', do we assume the police were called and issued some sort of ticket?

The Police did attend, all of them i think? Im training to do a special job, i think this helped resolve the police problem. The other driver returned once the police turned up and it was obvious to all he wasn't on the Mensa roll.

Regarding the information in the post, i told the police everything as it was except the bit about looking for their keys. But no vehicle theft took place, as the keys were not present.

I have to, on occasion, drive a Sprinter Luton too. Small white van man got thumped by big white van man...well done you...he deserved it (probably).

Was it an attempted crash for cash though as you suggest in your title?

I'm so glad I'm driving with two dashcams ...

I recently was involved in a road rage incident. A driver in a small van overtook me pulled in and anchored on, he did it 3 times in which i managed to avoid collision twice, as i was driving extremely carefully after the first attempt. However on the third time he tried it:mad: i completely lost it and didnt avoid him, i rammed the little van (i was in a big sprinter luton) down the road untill we stopped, two men got out shouting so i grabbed an 18" adjustable spanner and went for them, they obviously soiled there knickers and ran off. I was so angry i beat the back of there van with the spanner and proceded to chase them down the road. They ended up fleeing and seeking refuge in a field, i returned to their vehicle incase they had left the keys in so i could hide thier vehicle from them when they returned. Alas there where no keys and this probably kept me out of court and i had to attend a driver awareness course. In 20 years of driving i have never lost it like i did that day, i just goes to show how mad driving can be.

steptoe11
N. West

You need to get down the gym so next time you can run faster, then you can smash the scrotes kneecaps in with the adjustable so they can't run :D

You need to get down the gym so next time you can run faster, then you can smash the scrotes kneecaps in with the adjustable so they can't run :D

Im on it, since we had two kids one 11mnths and the other 3 yrs i've let my fitness level fall. Back in the day i wouldn't have broken a sweat even with a big shifter to hand.

I have dash cam now too, if i had one at the time i wouldnt have reacted like i did. I would have emailed a copy to his boss (he was driving a works van) uploaded one on youtube, contacted the police and his insurrance company. This happened just before xmas, would have been priceless for the idiot to lose his job before xmas. They both put in whiplash claims and his passenger (suspected bag head) claimed he lost his rotten teeth in the collision and not on the smack!

The other useful technique is the 1000psi punch as detailed in a previous thread from the dark , distant past on this forum .

I wouldn't have moved the other van , but if sufficiently irked , I might well have taken the keys , had they been present , and tossed them far into the foliage at the side of the road :devil:

The other useful technique is the 1000psi punch as detailed in a previous thread from the dark , distant past on this forum .

I wouldn't have moved the other van , but if sufficiently irked , I might well have taken the keys , had they been present , and tossed them far into the foliage at the side of the road :devil:

I think 'twas only 600psi.

Regarding the information in the post, i told the police everything as it was except the bit about looking for their keys. But no vehicle theft took place, as the keys were not present.

Simply steal the air from inside his tyres...

Regarding the abandoned vehicle , had it been obstructing the highway , and presenting a danger to the public , it would not have been unlawful for you to have moved it to a safer position out of the way of traffic .

As long as there was no intention to permanently deprive the owner of the vehicle it would not have been theft .

^^^^ And get done for driving with no insurance....

"As long as there was no intention to permanently deprive the owner of the vehicle it would not have been theft ."

Without the owner's permission it would still be the offence of TWOC?

Any "joy rider" could claim he wasn't intending to permanently deprive the owner of his car....

^^^^ And get done for driving with no insurance....

Most unlikely if you only moved it to the side of the road, as I once did after a car crashed outside my home ; in that case I had the permission of the distraught woman who had crashed , so the DOC cover on my own insurance would have been in effect .

If only pushing a vehicle to the side , then you wouldn't even be 'driving' .

"As long as there was no intention to permanently deprive the owner of the vehicle it would not have been theft ."

Without the owner's permission it would still be the offence of TWOC?

Any "joy rider" could claim he wasn't intending to permanently deprive the owner of his car....

In the case of an abandoned vehicle causing obstruction simply being moved to safety there would be no offence .

The distinction between theft and TWOC is indeed the intention to permanently deprive .

Even if 'PC Shiny Buttons' tried to charge in connection with the above and it got as far as court , it would be laughed out .

Last edited:
Some interesting points here...

1. Joy riding is indeed TWOC or UTMV and not theft. Theft requires intent to permanently keep (as others said).

2. I would expect that in some cases pushing a vehicle might be considered as driving.

Interesting discussion here (originally about pushing a motorbike):

http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/47032-dismount-to-cross-red-light/page-5

3. DOC insurance might not cover if the other vehicle is taken without the owner's consent...

While I agree that police wouldn't normally bother with a member of the public pushing a broken down vehicle off the road, it would be an interesting insuance and potentially even criminal case if someone is injured by the vehicle while it was being pushed...

just goes to show how mad driving can be.

it does doesn't it:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom