Creaking sound when braking / releasing brake pedal at low speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
I have not driven the MB a great deal in the last few weeks but had noticed a creaking type of noise when applying the brake pedal gently at low speed and again on releasing it and this is now getting louder.

It is a very noticeable sound in the cabin but nothing can be heard outside with the windows down and the suspension is quiet at speed with no unusual noises.

Does the brake pedal pivot tend to get dry and need lubricating?

Our mechanic has said (unseen) that it may be drop links or ARB bushes or possibly dry top mounts on the struts.

I am happy to get underneath and have a look put any pointers gratefully received!

Put your steering on full lock then push up and down on the front. If it creaks it could be thrust arms. Get somebody to do this whilst you get down to listen. Do this with the lock reversed to check the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put your steering on full lock then push up and down on the front. If it creaks it could be thrust arms. Get somebody to do this whilst you get down to listen. Do this with the lock reversed to check the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tried this but it does not replicate the noise.

Had a similar creaking sound on my old S Class, needed new callipers, fortunately it was still under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom