Cruise control on the W203 C220cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ozzy

Hi Guys

Ive recently purchased this car, and did my first round trip from London-Burnley-Sunderland to Hastings (al in a days drive) however could not manage to get my cruise control to kick in!! Ive previously used it on several cars and never had a problem however when i turn the cruise on it gives me option of the different miles i can set it at but dont know how to select that speed and i tried all the combinations..

Also if anyone can help me i need to adjust the time on my display to put the clock back by an hour any ideas??

Thanks

Sounds like you may have it on speed limiter.

Mine is a 2003 don't know if yours is the same but the small stalk on the left operates the cruise. If an orange light is illuminated on the stalk then speed limiter is active. press the end in and the light will go out. To set cruise, drive above 20mph and just press the small stalk momentarily up or down. Cruise is activated. There is no light to indicate it is on (don't know why) To disconnect push it away from you, to reset previous speed pull towards you. Holding down or up will accelerate/decelerate the car. Touch the brakes or kickdown will turn it off.

If you have a newer car I would imagine the system is similar but I am not sure

Thats great yea I was trying it with the orange light on!! as I didnt see any other indication of the cruise on the isplay..I have a 2002 will try it on my journey home tomorrow!! Thanks

Yep, when I got mine I was very surprised then was no light to show it was engaged, the handbook didn't say much and it seems there isn't one.

If you want to use the speed limiter, press for orange light then click the stalk up or down until you display the max speed you want. Drive the car normally and you will find when you reach your selected speed it will go no faster. If you need to accelerate, kickdown bypasses the limiter

Personally I never use the limiter but use the cruise all the time to avoid creeping over the speed limit.

If you have a 2002, search here for valeo radiator problems, there is a bit of history of some allowing coolant into the gearbox oil, via the built in cooler, which is bad news for the transmission

I will definately look into the radiotor problem, but this beautys been looked after by an MB with all history and only 70k on the clock so she seems all pretty well n healthy at the moment!!

Yea I've never taken a liking for the manual always jump in and play around till u figure everything out..

The manual is a huge source of information even if you don't read it at first. You will find your car does things that even 'fiddling' doesn't make visible!

Well I know exactly what i'll be doing once i'm snowed in this yr!! lol

Thanks kwakdonut, you're right I was planning to have a browse through it.. afterAll cant get to an MB enthusiast without reading the manual!!

By the way how did you find your c270 to drive in icy snow conditions or is best left on the drive??Ive got an autobox n have read bout traction on and use the d1-d4 to have better control?

It was awful on fresh snow and when we had the bad snow last year (not earlier this year, I had a 406 for that, no problems!) I actually couldn't get out of my drive for two days!

17" staggered AMG's on it were about as much use as a hedgehog in a condom factory :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom