Curbed alloy wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
Managed to curb the front 507 wheel on my C63. Few inches on the lip and a tiny scrape on the spoke...

Previous owner said he used simoniz tough paint in satin black to paint over a previous curb and it looks decent.

What's the best process to do this to achieve the best finish? Or shouod i jus take it to a wheel repair place?

Wheels are all black with no polished lip..

Thanks

It really depends on how deep the damage is as to what you can achieve at home.

For the most part the wheels are very clean but have some brake dust etc... Rear has a curb mark which has been painted over. Been quoted £150 to have all 4 powder coated, I've used this company before. Results were good.

The only hassle is removing all 4 wheels and dropping them off. Will
Have to leave car on axle stands or on a ramp if there's one available

I'd be tempted to just touch up, until it's time to sell. Nothing worse than becoming paranoid every time you go near a kerb...

If it's a painted wheel it's easy. I've done repairs on mine in the past with excellent results but my wheels are a solid graphite grey with no polished lip. Some metal filler ( just like p48 ) high build primer, top coat then laquer. I was lucky enough to fine a rattle can in some kind of Vauxhall graphite grey that matches the paint on my wheels exactly.

What's the best kit to use for DIY alloy repairs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom