Cyprus mid-Feb for two weeks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Never been to Cyprus before, just remember all those BFPO names from Worldwide Family Favourites when I was a lad.

Any recommendations as to locations please? Doubt we'll need too much kicking night-life or pitchers of vodka.

Ideally need places to be mostly on the flat due to ticker issues. Also what's the best tips to see and do please. Probably going for two weeks.

Many thanks

Been to Cyprus in April. Weather was sunny but wind cold. So was ok for sunbathing round a sheltered pool, but beach too cold.
We stayed at Ayia Napa on the east side, may have been more sheltered at Paphos on the west side:dk:
Night clubs were only just re-opening after their winter breaks & hence yoofs had not yet arrived!

We went 3 times last year stayed in Ayia Napa all 3 times, absolutely love the Island. Ayia Napa not the hell hole portrayed its a lovely fishing village away from the square.

If you want history and architecture then you want paphos side of the island. If you want scenic tranquility then you want the East side of the island.

We been going 2-3 times a year for the last 7 years so know it pretty well

Not much will be happening that time of year most of the resorts and tourist areas will still be closed so u will get to see the real Cyprus

Any questions fire away

Last edited:
Paphos if you want a relaxing holiday with grown ups.

Our 18 year old daughter went to Napa last year which is fine if you want McDonalds, KFC and Costa Coffee with some banging tunes.

Paphos if you want a relaxing holiday with grown ups.

Our 18 year old daughter went to Napa last year which is fine if you want McDonalds, KFC and Costa Coffee with some banging tunes.

Napa not like that at all away from the square. The best restaurant I have eaten at anywhere in the world is in Napa and given my travels thats saying something

I was in Paphos / Coral Bay last summer. Must admit I wasn't keen. All restaurants served everything with chips. All UK brands including pizza but everywhere. Any kind of culture was just pathetic; aphrodites pool is a muddy puddle, turtle beach was empty and felt like a tourist trap for the one taverna.

I've been on HM services a few times to to the capital and the in zone and much prefer that. However we did go across and visited a friend in the North. Now that is much more like it. No western brands, no chips with everything. Great customer service. I would go back to the north.

Personally I'd go to Barbados rather than Cyprus but I tend to go out of peak times around April/May rather then Feb.

Been to Cyprus in March.

It was bloody freezing. Ended up huddled around the hotel radiators for the 2 hours a day they switched them on.

The resort was shut. The road through it dug up. Access to the hotel via a temporary gravel track.

We hired a car so we could get out and about, and find a warm restaurant to eat in...

Think carefully about the time of year would be my suggestion.

Been to Cyprus in March.

It was bloody freezing. Ended up huddled around the hotel radiators for the 2 hours a day they switched them on.

The resort was shut. The road through it dug up. Access to the hotel via a temporary gravel track.

We hired a car so we could get out and about, and find a warm restaurant to eat in...

Think carefully about the time of year would be my suggestion.

February is their coldest month Ave 17c and 4hrs sunshine a day. 8c at night.

Pack your winter cardies :D

February - Cyprus, chuffing freezing. Shirt sleeve order for HMF only started on 1st of April each year, weather (sorry) you liked it or not.

What Flango and David said. Napa is OK away from the main square. But expect to be cold and pack your wollies like AMGeed said.

Good Luck.

Have you actually booked, or is it worth make suggestions for alternatives.
It's challenging that time of year......

Cyprus is not a winter sun destination. I was on a training course in April 2015 and it was cold.

Red C220 said:
Personally I'd go to Barbados rather than Cyprus but I tend to go out of peak times around April/May rather then Feb.
Went to Barbados in January 2015, it was lovely weather and not too busy. Off to the Maldives in a couple of weeks - sounds a lot hotter than Cyprus, but also a lot more expensive.

Thanks chaps. Food for thought.

Not booked anything as yet, just looking at alternatives to Canaries without long haul.

Quite fancied Kyrenia in Northern Cyprus....

Done Barbados and the Maldives and found them very pretty but extremely boring.

I've been to the Maldives many times. Around 30 degrees or so all year round, high humidity (you're not far from the Equator). There's not much nightlife - hermit crab racing, anybody, and Bodu Beru as a feature attraction? - unless you go to one of the 'lively' resorts. Two to three hours a day snorkelling, and the rest of the time lying on the beach or by the pool soaking up the rays suits me fine.

Boring? Yes, if it's not for you. Personally, I like it.

Palfrem said:
Thanks chaps. Food for thought. Not booked anything as yet, just looking at alternatives to Canaries without long haul. Quite fancied Kyrenia in Northern Cyprus....
We did the same just before Christmas. We are going to Fuerteventura on Feb 11.

Done Lanzarote last February, Weather was lovely, obviously not as hot as summer but mid - high 20's so lots of sunbathing was done.

E55BOF said:
I've been to the Maldives many times. Around 30 degrees or so all year round, high humidity (you're not far from the Equator). There's not much nightlife - hermit crab racing, anybody, and Bodu Beru as a feature attraction? - unless you go to one of the 'lively' resorts. Two to three hours a day snorkelling, and the rest of the time lying on the beach or by the pool soaking up the rays suits me fine. Boring? Yes, if it's not for you. Personally, I like it.
It'll be our first time to the Maldives. Our holidays normally involve lots of travelling around and exploring so it's going to be a new experience for us. Other than the occasional 15 minute walk around the whole island it'll mainly be lounging by our villa on the beach watching our 21month old daughter splashing in the sea, or eating and drinking. We need the rest! (I'm looking forward to the sea plane to and from the island the most.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom