DAB Radio - Please Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FordToMerc

Car
2012 C180 1.6 Petrol SE (Executive Pack) 7G-Tronic Plus 4dr
I have an Audio 20 system in my car.
Could someone please go into their Audio 20 Engineering Mode and tell me what the 5 screens of the DAB radio should be set to.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have attached my 5 screens as a .zip file

Last edited:
Are you expecting to find DAB working on your car? Sort answer is that Audio 20 (I'm assuming you have the standard NTG 4.5 Audio 20 with single CD) is that DAB will not be there and there is no "easy" upgrade path to put it in.

Are you expecting to find DAB working on your car? Sort answer is that Audio 20 (I'm assuming you have the standard NTG 4.5 Audio 20 with single CD) is that DAB will not be there and there is no "easy" upgrade path to put it in.

I just wonder why all the settings are there.
When I select the centre item on the 1st DAB screen the DAB radio shows up on the main menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i see the same options in the engineering menu. I know there is no DAB on mine. I also know cant upgrade as the stock Audio 20 does not have a fiber-optic connection at its rear so cant easily be updated with factory fit DAB without replacing the head unit. (as far as I am aware)

Yes you can turn the menu item on in engineering mode but that wont give you DAB as you need extra components fitted.

i see the same options in the engineering menu. I know there is no DAB on mine. I also know cant upgrade as the stock Audio 20 does not have a fiber-optic connection at its rear so cant easily be updated with factory fit DAB without replacing the head unit. (as far as I am aware)

What a shame.
Never mind I just wanted to get Smooth Radio on DAB instead of on MW as the quality is quite poor.

Thanks for the information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello, I am another part and I have a 2018 A8L D5. My nearby most loved radio broadcast has quit communicating on DAB and is just now accessible on FM. I can tune it in physically in the inquiry work yet it just stays dynamic for 3 minutes by which the FM marker changes to DAB and the station quits sending. Any assistance would be incredibly valuable. I'm a first time AUDI proprietor and I need to concede the A8 is an incredible piece of unit.

Hello, I am another part and I have a 2018 A8L D5. My nearby most loved radio broadcast has quit communicating on DAB and is just now accessible on FM. I can tune it in physically in the inquiry work yet it just stays dynamic for 3 minutes by which the FM marker changes to DAB and the station quits sending. Any assistance would be incredibly valuable. I'm a first time AUDI proprietor and I need to concede the A8 is an incredible piece of unit.
This is a Mercedes forum. However, the function that causes the switch from FM to DAB is called Service Linking - you may have a menu on the Audi to turn that off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom