Daily Newspaper anyone?

Do you buy a newspaper

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Evening Standard and Metro are free.... (in London).

Yup I read both every day. I wouldn't pay for them, but they're an OK way to spend 10-15 mins of a 65 min train journey each way.

When we breed a litter of puppies I bring half a dozen copies home a day for a couple of months beforehand :)

Last time I saw a newspaper it was in a museum :D

Why buy something today that only has yesterday's news in it ?

Never have, never will.

I used to read "Metro" on the train if one was left behind when I went into London in my university years.

Also used to cycle through a leafy woodland road sometimes around the same time and a copy of the Daily Sport was obviously thrown from (probably) a van window every day. Thankfully pages were never stuck together.

My late mum used to by the Daily Fail and grandmothers both bought / still buy the Daily Express.

Complete bunch of rse the lot of them.

I'm amazed they publish the crap they do.

Good for rapping up old food scraps and putting under the cat sht tray though.

My in-laws life their life by The Daily Fail. :crazy:

My dad did (the Daily Wail) when he retired until he was told to watch his blood pressure!

He's much happier since giving it up.....

When I caught the train to work, I'd buy a paper to read most days. - Now I live in walking distance I have no need of a paper.

I stopped after I retired,I used to buy a daily paper to read at work,then this reduced to buying a Sunday paper and now I do not buy any.

I admit to buying the DM, to balance the BBC..........:devil:

I buy the Express every morning before I decide to do something productive in my life, like work or car cleaning. :)

I'm not particularly interested in the news, or any political aspects of it, though I will admit to being a crossword addict, and the Express has my absolute favourite one.

I know I can get stuff online, and I do tend to read news on various websites, though I much prefer to do crosswords and puzzles in a real paper with a pen in my hand.

Incidentally, I only buy Monday - Friday, occasionally Saturday as well, though never Sundays as there's just too much junk in the Sunday press for me nowadays.

When we shop at Waitrose and spend £10 which isn't difficult, you get a free paper, I take advantage of this and take the Mail, which I like.

Last time I saw a newspaper it was in a museum :D

Why buy something today that only has yesterday's news in it ?

Obviously they're no good for 'breaking news'. But a lot of other stories are not particularly time-critical and some can be quite interesting. I've posted stuff here quite a few times that I've seen in the paper on the way to work, and would not have picked up on otherwise. Other things have caught my attention and I've then searched for more info. online later.

Would I spend money on a newspaper? No. But I'm quite happy to look through a daily free one :)

Don't panic, you can still get magazines at the library & if you have young ones it's a great afternoon out for them....

I stopped buying a daily newspaper a few years go because a. didn't have the time to read a broadsheet and b. got fed up with manipulated news.

Took it one step further a couple of years ago and ceased watching or listening to any news programme ....amazing how much better it feels without having a daily dose of fear, misery and manipulation.

Maybe ignorance is bliss but having to glean the truth from biased reporting is tiresome...can anyone pinpoint exactly when journalists and news agencies changed from being purely factual reporting? By that I mean, they aren't just being biased, most seem to choose one or two stories are important, ram them down our throats on a twenty-four hour cycle, ignoring everything else.

Same, five years and counting, don't miss the adds either. Maybe that's why I can see right through Trump's personality issues and get straight to the policies. Most can't even do that anymore.

Didn't see anybody jumping up and down about Bush's Florida election escapade....

When I worked for a living I got one every day, since retiring I just don't have the time to read one. Something wrong there I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom