Damaged alloys wheels whilst being fitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tajryait

Car
W211 E55k AMG
Hi

Need some advice please, I left my 20" KR647 alloys to be fitted with Falken FK453 tyres at a reputable company. I called the tyre fitter today and after fitting the two fronts he says they have dents in the chrome lip and he could not fit the rear one due to its width and their machine, the rear they have put the tyre partially on also has some dents. They are blaming it as a manufacturing defect ??.
However the other rear tyre they did not attempt to fit is completely unmarked - I think they damaged all three during the fitting process, has anyone else had the same issue and what did they do, should the fitter offer to repair the damage ?

2014-12-22%2016.58.17.jpg
2014-12-22%2016.58.09.jpg

Are the alloys brand new? If so, then they should be unmarked and any damage down to the fitter.
If however you are just having new tyres fitted to used alloys then the damage could have been done anytime. Don't see how you can prove this unfortunately.

Take your problem to the manager, not the fitter.

They are new alloys with tyres being fitted for the first time. I'll take it up with the manager.

info

Sorry to hear about your wheels .Take it up with head of the company ,dont mess with numbsculls. Your lucky they are new, and if you have no joy with them see the chap you purchased the wheels from . Just mention you will put this up on face book if they dont fix it for you.

I had this problem recently and took the car back for the manager to inspect, I pointed out the unmarked wheel they had not touched and the damage to the other 3 wheels which had new tyres. After some "I don't see how that could happen" and "Come and look at the machine yourself" etc they agreed to have them refurbished and gave me the number of a mobile repair person who did a good job on them and sent his bill to the tyre fitters.

The best explanation I had for the damage was levering directly on the wheel instead of using the bar on the tyre machine.

They should have just fitted the tyres by hand, without using the machine.

If they have damaged them they should pay for remediation, either repairs or new wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom