Damaged bumper, bugger!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dizz

Car
CLK320 (w209)
So in under three weeks of ownership of my 2004 CLK this morning I managed to reverse into a parked car as I was backing off my driveway.
Totally my fault as there is never anything parked opposite and I didn't look.
I was moving really slow and there was no damage to the other car but I was shocked when I saw the large crack on mine.
Feeling really gutted and stupid at the moment, anyone had a bumper repaired successfully with this sort of damage?

d317a562c7e5b81065f9c939cb63470d.jpg
d2588cecc8e5535cf5cb0ae06c9443c2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Someone reversed into my rear bumper a couple of months ago causing similar damage.

His insurance company attempted a repair which I wasn't happy with so they agreed to replace it.

Having said that if I had been paying for it out of my own pocket I'd have probably lived with the repair.

That may be fixable by one of the local 'Dentmaster' peeps. Give them a Google. Looks like it my need a Plastic Weld or a scrapper for a replacement bumper.

So in under three weeks of ownership of my 2004 CLK this morning I managed to reverse into a parked car as I was backing off my driveway.
Totally my fault as there is never anything parked opposite and I didn't look.
I was moving really slow and there was no damage to the other car but I was shocked when I saw the large crack on mine.
Feeling really gutted and stupid at the moment, anyone had a bumper repaired successfully with this sort of damage?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've seen this hundreds of times yes it's repairable BUT it will never be as strong as normal, it will need drilling at the end of cracks heated up to put back into shape then stapled and plastic welded with filler to finish off the repair, any capable panel beater can do this if they have the right equipment, the bumper will have to be removed and stripped down its going to be expensive if you go cheap then more than likely it will look garbage, my advice get a second hand bumper get a bodyshop to paint it and then either fit it yourself or get the bodyshop to fit it, that's way you save money, time, it will be done right and your car will be off the road less.

I would agree. Second hand + repaint is the way to try first. On an optimistic note most accident damaged cars will have sustained frontal rather than rear damage increasing your chances of picking one up- shop around.

Here's your chance.. grab an AMG rear bumper as an upgrade. actually why not make a deal with a breaker for a front and rear AMG bumper and side skirts :D looks sooooooooo much better

Also do you ignore the parking sensors? :D

Here's your chance.. grab an AMG rear bumper as an upgrade. actually why not make a deal with a breaker for a front and rear AMG bumper and side skirts :D looks sooooooooo much better

Also do you ignore the parking sensors? :D

Funny they bleeped a nanosecond before I hit the car, bloody things are too slow! [emoji3]

Funny they bleeped a nanosecond before I hit the car, bloody things are too slow! [emoji3]

i guess we live and learn :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom