Damm and blast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

racall

Car
Black R172SLK
I was all geared up for a mid service oil change today,purchased the oil/oil filter/special tool to remove the filter,went round my pals house.Removed the under shield and guess what?no sump plug:crazy:

My question is i have seen an oil extracter made by sealy that will suck the oil out of the dipstick hole,Are they any good?? and is a proper dipstick available from M/B??

There is a sump bung on your car. Take the rearmost under tray off not just the front section and the 13mm bung is there on the sump.

:crazy:

My question is i have seen an oil extracter made by sealy that will suck the oil out of the dipstick hole,Are they any good?? and is a proper dipstick available from M/B??

I have the oil sucker, and it works very well. Works for the cars, lawnmower - evrything except the 2-strokes!

Can't help with the dipstick...ahem... shouldn't you have kept that rather nice C250TD with the fully equipped engine...?!

I was all geared up for a mid service oil change today,purchased the oil/oil filter/special tool to remove the filter,went round my pals house.Removed the under shield and guess what?no sump plug:crazy:

I have a oil sucker also. (must have for Smarts as the have no sump bung)

They are good and work well. If you do ever buy one make sur the engine is at operating temp.

but do make sure that your sucker is capable of slurping oil at 80C or allow to cool down for 15 minutes (also allows oil back to the sump)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom