Damn glasses cost me dear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Went out for dinner in the Volvo V60 and afterwards as I was cleaning my glasses they broke. So Mrs C drove home. Noticed She was nervous and not placing the car well. Mentioned it and she said she hates driving the car as she prefers her crv and sitting up high.
To cut a long story short have now placed an order for a new 2014 model XC60 D5 se lux auto which looks great -- due to come Sept 2nd. Great trade in and even better discount. Proved better to by new than second hand. The new tft dash looks interesting.
Looked at the new E class but swmbo wanted the height and MB don't offer anything rt o compete. The M is too big.

That must be the most expensive pair of specs ever

Possibly cheaper still to keep wife, keep old car, and get laser eye surgery.....

Laser eye is good... I have a thread on it somewhere on here!

Currently trying to persuade the other half to try towing. She is not convinced!

Sounds good Crockers!

Currently trying to persuade the other half to try towing. She is not convinced!

Sounds good Crockers!

Had caravans many years ago (pre-wife) but with wife had a half decent speed boat which we took to the south of France on a few occasions.
Wife took her turn behind the wheel en-route, no problems.
Wouldn't dream of asking her to reverse it:eek:

Boat much easire than caravan though.

Now trying to decide whether to go for the panoramic sunroof or the 4C active chassis - this allows you to set the shockers between comfort/sport/advanced and adjusts them 500 times a second or is that a minute ?? lol
Not sure if I would use the roof but it looks nice.......:wallbash:

Now trying to decide whether to go for the panoramic sunroof or the 4C active chassis - this allows you to set the shockers between comfort/sport/advanced and adjusts them 500 times a second or is that a minute ?? lol
Not sure if I would use the roof but it looks nice.......:wallbash:

You might want to check out the Pano roof on the Volvo forum I think there were some major issues with it, think it was very susceptible to shattering and replacement was a nightmare and they never fitted correctly. I've driven a few Volvos with the active chassis and they are pretty good but personally I wouldn't waste my money on either just get the spec of car with the suspension setting that is right for you, as an XC is never going to be "sporty" a fantastic car though all the same.

How's the XC60 Crockers? I have a 2.0d SE Nav on order.....

(should have asked this question first!).

In France you are required to have a spare pair of any prescription glasses in the car.Sensible and much, much cheaper.

I'm very happy with my 2014 SE Lux 2.0d - the engine and 8 speed auto combination is an absolute peach, the only drawback being using the very abundant torque does have an impact on the economy. After 9500 miles (2000 of which were very fast or heavily congested autobahn runs which destroyed the economy) I have averaged 42 mpg. On long cruises 60mpg is the norm.

Seats are exceptionally supportive, heating and winter pack work really well, a good load space too. Less good, ride is a bit lumpy except at 130mph on an Autobahn, poor visibility in places and the interior resonates on those horrible concrete motorway surfaces - not much but enough. Turning circle is horrid especially after a Merc.

All in all the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom