Dash cam installation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doo01

Car
CLS63s
Hi

Can anyone recommend an installer for a dash cam in the Bromley area thats not Halfords? Many thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Halfords did mine, no problem fast and professional service at a very fair price

Depending on the car it's a pretty straight forward job.

I fitted my dashcam and used the fuse kit rather than the 12v socket. Works really well and easy enough to remove too. :)

Halfords did mine, no problem fast and professional service at a very fair price

Which did you go to as I understand the service can vary... thanks.

Depending on the car it's a pretty straight forward job.

I fitted my dashcam and used the fuse kit rather than the 12v socket. Works really well and easy enough to remove too. :)

It will be on a W218 and also W246. I cant stand wires! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Has anyone removed the A-pillar trim to run the cables behind?

Guessing you should disconnect the battery really, in case the air bags are triggers behind the trim panel, but worried that cars don't really like being powered down.

It will be on a W218 and also W246. I cant stand wires! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Don't blame you mate, nothing worse than trailing wires haha.

I installed mine in my E320 (W211) but essentially tucked the wire along the headlining, along the edge of the dash (only bit visible) and then connected to a fuse on the right of the dash.

Wasn't a tricky job mate, certainly if I can make it neat and work anyone can. :thumb:

Had it done at Widnes in Cheshire. Only bit of wire showing is 1/4 of ins from roof lining to cam, took about 30 mins to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom