Dashboard clock will not change hours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
Good morning, I have tried several seach queries to find some help on this on this forum, to no avail. Apologies if it's already been discussed.

When I bought my 1999 SLK 230 in Designo Electric Green (!) I joined this forum and introduced myself but since then have only read and lurked.

Since de-hibernating the car, at which point she needed a new battery, I have not been able to reset the dashboard clock. I can advance the minutes but the hour will not advance when I go from "59" to "00".

Am I doing it wrong? (At least it's not as annoying a fault as the one that befell a colleague with a 2007 CLK - his clock ran backwards and carried on doing so with the engine off!)

Regards,

Lisa

Good morning, I have tried several seach queries to find some help on this on this forum, to no avail. Apologies if it's already been discussed.

When I bought my 1999 SLK 230 in Designo Electric Green (!) I joined this forum and introduced myself but since then have only read and lurked.

Since de-hibernating the car, at which point she needed a new battery, I have not been able to reset the dashboard clock. I can advance the minutes but the hour will not advance when I go from "59" to "00".

Am I doing it wrong? (At least it's not as annoying a fault as the one that befell a colleague with a 2007 CLK - his clock ran backwards and carried on doing so with the engine off!)

Regards,

Lisa

I think you do the hours separately to the minutes hence it goes 59 00.

Ahhh...so maybe I was doing it wrong! I do have an owner's manual but the print is so small I have difficulty reading it. Will see if I can get it on screen again to enlarge the print and check it out. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oh thank you! Just got home, so pleased I looked at this before trying to find the answer in the owner's manual! I shall try that tomorrow morning.

Regards,
Lisa

:thumb:

I now know what time it is! Thank you!

Regards,

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom