dashcam fitting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kinaero

Car
E220CDI AMG SPORT Estate
I am seriously considering a dashcam mini 0801 for my E220.

On checking my front screen, I think I could hide the wiring along the top of screen just inside the edge of headlining, but there is no gap anywhere that I could hide the wiring down the A pillar trim!

How would you guys do it? Bits of sticky tape?

I pulled the pillar trim off, and fed the wire up from behind the dash end fuse box. I removed the grab handle and sun visor to make feeding the wire across easier.

The curtain airbag inflator are on the A-pillar, so take care. Make sure not to restrict the airbag deployment route with your wire.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, but there is no way I am going to rip the trim off, knowing my luck, I'll damage it one way or another, or worse still, I could set the airbag off!! :doh:
May be I'll get a quote from autoeletrician :confused:

Thanks guys, but there is no way I am going to rip the trim off, knowing my luck, I'll damage it one way or another, or worse still, I could set the airbag off!! :doh:
May be I'll get a quote from autoeletrician :confused:

I have been prevaricating for ages on what camera to get and found that companies who also install seem to take power from the overhead console.

Last edited:
I've just fitted an E-Prance mini 0801 to my E-Class estate and I managed to hide the wire very easily - I pushed it into the headlining and A pillar with a penny and then taped it to the side of the glove box (it can only be seen with the passenger side door open). It's powered by the 12v outlet in the glovebox. So far I'm very please with device itself.

I've just fitted an E-Prance mini 0801 to my E-Class estate and I managed to hide the wire very easily - I pushed it into the headlining and A pillar with a penny and then taped it to the side of the glove box (it can only be seen with the passenger side door open). It's powered by the 12v outlet in the glovebox. So far I'm very please with device itself.
Just went out to check my glovebox, no 12v outlet! Its in the centre console.

Checked the A pillar trim, it is actually quite soft and flexible, thought it was hard and rigid! I think it should be easy to push the wire in.

You could tape the wire on the underside of the glove box and run it to the centre console.

The usb cable for the mini 0801 looked quite long, would it be long enough to go all the way to the boot where there is a 12volt outlet?

I have been prevaricating for ages on what camera to get and found that companies who also install seem to take power from the overhead console.
Thanks I have heard people taking the power from the overhead light console which I guess would be much neater, but I don't like having trims removed and putting back on again, neither would I like having anything hardwired.(if I could help it?)

Basically I like my car's interior untouched :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom