daughter getting married saturday....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skyline pete

Car
CLK 230 K ..and a big DAF 105/510 bhp XF
after spending a small fortune on it ...set the wedding date 12mths ago this saturday 15th Feb.....please please weather get better...:( got the bride 4 bridesmaids and the wife all getting ready at home sat morn..:eek:

dont seem like a good weather day by the forecast...:(

small problem really after what you see on the news...:eek:

If it's the power of the weather vs the power of love - no contest, it will be great, I'm sure Pete.

Profound sympathies - we have the same thing but in 3 months time, and wife is already fretting about the weather then!!

I am sure everything will go well. Big day for Dad and Daughter.:thumb:

happy day....

got 6 girls getting ready ..hair/dresses/makeup all looking a million dollars..step outside gale blowing....whoooosh
and ive got to wear a pink waistcoat to match um...

quick daddy rant..the church £660 for appox 40mins...rip off..:devil:

that "god" worshipping is nearly as costly as worshipping the three pointed star.

skyline pete said:
happy day.... got 6 girls getting ready ..hair/dresses/makeup all looking a million dollars..step outside gale blowing....whoooosh and ive got to wear a pink waistcoat to match um... quick daddy rant..the church £660 for appox 40mins...rip off..:devil:

Try doing the ceremony in a hotel or other registered venue....this will look like a bargain!

Soon as you mention the W word, people think they can add a zero to the price! If daughter and future SIL went for all the bells and whistles at their church, it would have been closer to £1k!! If you want to video/audio record service, choir etc then price of organist and choir doubles!!

First place we looked at for the reception was a barn, part of a hotel, near Maidenhead. All inclusive deal reception for 100, price in January was less than half the price in June (which was well into 5 figures!!). Exactly the same facilities etc, but over double the price...why?? Simply because January is not popular.

As for the price of wedding dresses - OK, there are eBay from China if you're brave, and know a good seamstress to make it fit. Other end of the scale, asking prices of £2-3-4k!! Not as if you can sell it on - eBay chinese has killed the second hand market.

Pete, you're a brave man - damned if I'd wear a pink waistcoat!! Have a great day, will keep fingers crossed that Mother Nature is kind to you.

Tsk Tsk. Won't the pink waistcoat clash horribly with your red face? :eek:

Seriously though, I hope the weather is kind but it will be a magical day regardless I'm sure.

Local registry office will be ~£200, so on a volume basis the church is quite good value
Ha ha ha! A great "Engineer's answer" :D

Don't worry about the weather, Pete, the day will be great (even in your pink waistcoat)

:thumb:

Absolutely agree, by the way - the day will be great. All those details, the agonising over menus and decor and costume...IMHO it only ever matters in anticipation. When you get there nothing really spoils it!

As an example, the hotel where we had our reception (30 years ago this year...) told us a couple of weeks beforehand that they had the decorators in. They were still painting the night before, and ended up hanging a drape over the wall they hadn't finished. Did it matter? Not a jot.

Look forward to the pictures of the pink waistcoat :eek:)

Eh? What does that include? Choir? Flowers? Organist?

thats just the church....

organist..£180..were going for music/cd played thru sound system
choir £ didnt ask ha ha we can sing ha ha:D
flowers £120....ive got one in my lapel ha ha

total £960...:eek::eek:

Think of it as not so much losing a daughter but gaining a bathroom :D

artyman said:
Think of it as not so much losing a daughter but gaining a bathroom :D
A mate of mine, during his speech at his daughter' wedding reception said something similar: "I don't think of today marking the loss of my daughter, more that I'm gaining a spare bedroom". Much laughter from every bloke in the room, and lots of dagger looks from many of the women...

I'm actually planning to use that in my speech - but on the basis of "she's not lived with us for some years, so I can't use it, but the other common comment is about gaining a son". Could cause comment, especially if our son is there - as he cut off all communication with us 6 years ago....waiting to hear if he's going to make his peace with his Mum and attend, or explain to his sister why he (and his family) will not be there.

Stop reading this....Have you polished your shoes? pressed your suit, ironed your shirt.................................................:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom