Dave

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ReaRacing

Car
Vito 3.0 V6
Hi All

New to the forum game, have been reading but finally want to be in as well as have lots of questions and knowledge to help.

1st question is I have a 2006 120 3.0 v6 Vito Auto and it has the old style cluster and I would like to upgrade it to the newer cluster 2 dial with chrome rings it seems a lot of work is there anyone that offers the full service. I've seen clusters on eBay but I don't know what to buy does the doner have to be a auto with command like the original and will it just plug in and work? etc.

2nd/ I would love to fit a newer steering wheel my has the command is it a easy job?.

Anyone have the cluster or S/wheel for sale?

Cheers
Dave

Welcome to MBClub.

Sorry I can't answer your questions. I'm also sorry in advance because you're going to get blamed for all sorts of stuff. Most members have "a mate" called Dave who get's up to all sorts of stuff! All will become clear in the fullness of time!

Hi All

New to the forum game, have been reading but finally want to be in as well as have lots of questions and knowledge to help.

1st question is I have a 2006 120 3.0 v6 Vito Auto and it has the old style cluster and I would like to upgrade it to the newer cluster 2 dial with chrome rings it seems a lot of work is there anyone that offers the full service. I've seen clusters on eBay but I don't know what to buy does the doner have to be a auto with command like the original and will it just plug in and work? etc.

2nd/ I would love to fit a newer steering wheel my has the command is it a easy job?.

Anyone have the cluster or S/wheel for sale?

Cheers
Dave

There is a member on here (zenman63) who I THINK does this as part of his business. This has been discussed before on here when another member did it and if I remember correctly, there was some working out for which pins work with what (old style to new style) and there was some coding that had to be done in developer mode on STAR.

Not a huge job as such, just takes time; sorry, but I can't remember who the member was who did it in 2015. Try searching "Vito cluster new" or something like that but patience will be needed…or you could try through Google.

Does your existing steering wheel have two sets of button controls? If so, I would imagine that the newer one would be a straight swap but I would check.

There are a few Vito/Viano gurus on here but it is down to luck when they log in….I am not one of them.
Along with the one already mentioned, these members have done considerable modifications to their vehicles including upgrading from old to new style in most respects. However, I believe that for many things, without advice from someone who has done it, access to M-Bs WIS (online workshop manual) and EIS (parts catalogue) would make things simpler when going down the upgrade/modifying route.

And Bigun - have a look at his profile.

Welcome BTW.

Thanks for the reply's I have read the write up from Zenman63 ill try to get in contact with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom