DDR Ashtead, Surrey- anyone used?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jasons69

Car
E220 bluetec
reason for asking is I had my W207 in there for an A1 service.

Couldn't fault the price compared to MB Brooklands, however....

I had my car in yesterday (MB Brooklands) for some warranty work, as part of that they do a health check which is pretty comprehensive, as they never, ever miss the opportunity to upself a service there. All came back fine.

So I was more than a little surprised to get a call from DDR this morning saying that my service was done but my front discs we worn and the pads were 85% and did I want them doing along with the rears that were at 90% wear. No thanks was the answer from what they quoted. I went straight from there to get the front tyres changed and was able to check for myself.

All I can say is cheeky fcukers-there's a good 7mm on the pads and the disc has the tiniest lip on it!

These things really get on my tits-if that had been my father or wife they probably would have rushed in to get the work done- unnecessarily.

Unfortunately I won't be returning to them for any future work...

Hi

Disappointing to hear this
I had my C180 serviced (B service) there in Aug, they called and said the rear break pads needed changing. I accepted what they said, now wondering if possibly I have been had.
They even corrected the service intervals using STAR which previous garage had messed up.

I can highly recommend TM Motors West Molesey 020 8941 4340. Anton

Shame to hear that about DDR. I’ve used them for my CLS and my other half had the roof on her SL sorted by them.

Was planning on maintaining the DDR history on her newly acquired CLS350.

Don’t blame you though OP. Might be worth dropping them an email to express your findings.

I wanted to post a quick update on DDR..

I've had my car now for 14 months. Today I got an Adblue fill reminder on my dash. Strange that in the 14months of ownership, it's never come up.

Except that DDR charged me for it when it was serviced, and it would appear I've used it all in the last 3months, after using none in the preceding 11.

Sceptical or cynical that they clearly didn't do it, but charged for it. (Along with both front and rear brakes that needed urgent replacement but had been through MB Brooklands the day before and were fine).

So, this has unfortunately reinforced my opinion that they aren't to be trusted and will not be used again...

Just drive down to Hindhead via the A3 next time... go straight to Prestige Car Service Horndean.
Have your service there... save yourself any headaches or doubts!

I've had my C350 in there under recommendation for the last two services.
Now, I have had no complaints about the service, but...!

They've come up with quite a bit more work that 'needs to be done' than I was expecting, but they're the experts, so I thought they know best.
They flagged that my rear pads needed replacing asap - I said it's ok, I'll do that myself.
A year later my car was at Mercedes Gatwick for it's recall work, and they flagged that they were low, but not to worry as the sensors will let you know when they need replacing.
Two years on and they're still ok!
I'm trying somewhere else now as I wonder what else didn't really need changing...

+1 for TM motors in West Molesey. Talk to Anton. They have looked after all my (3) recent mercedes

Also used them past 3 years, each time they have come up with additional work
Set 18, replace gearbox mount and rear propshaft coupling.

Perhaps time to try someone else

I've had my C350 in there under recommendation for the last two services.
Now, I have had no complaints about the service, but...!

They've come up with quite a bit more work that 'needs to be done' than I was expecting, but they're the experts, so I thought they know best.
They flagged that my rear pads needed replacing asap - I said it's ok, I'll do that myself.
A year later my car was at Mercedes Gatwick for it's recall work, and they flagged that they were low, but not to worry as the sensors will let you know when they need replacing.
Two years on and they're still ok!
I'm trying somewhere else now as I wonder what else didn't really need changing...

Are you talking about the garage in the original post or PCS please?

Also used them past 3 years, each time they have come up with additional work
Set 18, replace gearbox mount and rear propshaft coupling.

Perhaps time to try someone else

Asa above, could you please clarify which garage you are talking about here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom