Deactivate passenger airbag Mercedes C class 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DuFFmAn

Hello.

I've just brought a car seat which can use isofix and seat belt.

At times I will need to use the car seat in the front. Does anyone know how to deactivate the passenger airbag? I'm sure my old cars had a key operated switch in the dash to flick it on and off. But can't find anything here.

Please note. It is the new shape C Class.

You should check the owner's manual, which is also available online, but as far as I know when you hook-up an ISOFIC child seat the light on the dash should automatically come on indicating that the passenger airbag is deactivated.

You need a Mercedes transponder equipped car seat unfortunately.

"Automatic front-passenger front airbag deactivation

Make sure that your vehicle is equipped with the automatic front-passenger front airbag deactivation system. If this is not the case, always install a child restraint system on a suitable rear seat.

------------------

Your vehicle is equipped with air bag technology designed to deactivate the front passenger front air bag in your vehicle when the system senses the weight of a typical 12-month-old child or less along with the weight of a standard appropriate child restraint on the front passenger seat.

For children larger than the typical 12-month-old child, the front passenger front air bag may or may not be activated. Always make sure the indicator lamp is illuminated, indicating that the front passenger front air bag is deactivated."

Last edited:
It seems that ISOFIX is only for the rear seats... and that you can only carry an infant under 12 month old in the front seat, and even this only if you have the optional Automatic front-passenger front airbag deactivation system... so either way children over 12 months old cannot seat in the front passenger seat because the aiarbag can not be manually deactivated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom