Dealer service history - availability through MB network

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lenny63

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS 55 AMG | S211 E280 Cdi Sport
Hi All

I'm looking at a car at the moment which claims to have a FMBSH until two most recent in 2014/2015

The seller has simply a sheet with mileage a and dates , no stamped book or no invoices

I contacted a MB dealer servicing dept who I know has services the car in 2013 and they were able to confirm the cars service history is there and on file but they can't tell me anything as I'm not the legal owner

I understand with DPA to some extent the why's , but in struggling to understand why they can't simply confirm dates/mileages of services and at which dealership (if applicable)

I was also hoping to find out if big tixcket items like brakes , plugs , and gearbox oil etc had been completed within the last 40k

Can anyone help me out ?
Am I asking too much of the dealer network ?

Regards Lenny

Perhaps 'enquire' about starting up a lengthy service plan, say you're worried about what has been done and what hasn't been done and what would need doing on the upcoming service, giving them the reg etc

Maybe you can sneakily squeeze some info

My service history is the same, dealership name-service type-date-mileage. However I found at the back of my folder the lease company paperwork from previous owner which had their own records of absolutely everything in detail on what was done at the services. I know you won't know/can't see past paperwork but you never know

Mercedes customer service will only divulge information to the owner of the vehicle. When I bought my current car I had to send in a copy of proof of ownership and photo ID by email. Then I got a list of dates and mileages and where the car was serviced. It said on the email to contact the specific dealer branches if any further details were required about the services.
Maybe ask the owner to send an email to Mercedes customer services?? And take it from there?
[email protected]

I just asked for, and was given, a fax of the history.

I know it sounds outdated these days of cloud etc. but that is what happened.

I have just had the service history of the car I purchased from a different main dealer, all I was asked for was the vin number, no name, no address no questions took 30 seconds and I had all service history

Hi All

I'm looking at a car at the moment which claims to have a FMBSH until two most recent in 2014/2015

The seller has simply a sheet with mileage a and dates , no stamped book or no invoices

I contacted a MB dealer servicing dept who I know has services the car in 2013 and they were able to confirm the cars service history is there and on file but they can't tell me anything as I'm not the legal owner

I understand with DPA to some extent the why's , but in struggling to understand why they can't simply confirm dates/mileages of services and at which dealership (if applicable)

I was also hoping to find out if big tixcket items like brakes , plugs , and gearbox oil etc had been completed within the last 40k

Can anyone help me out ?
Am I asking too much of the dealer network ?

Regards Lenny

Just re read this, they might supply the history to the garage selling you the car if they are a reputable dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom