derbyman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derbyman

Car
c220 cdi
Can anyone help Please. C220 CDI 2006 (W203) Coupe.
For the last 2 months the car goes into limp mode after 8-12 miles.
Starts 1st time and run's and accelerates fine after a rest.
Faults showing on STAR diag. 2632-8 Charge pressure to High
2510-1 Y100 Position signals Fault.
Changed complete fuel rail including regulator and sensor.
Changed Fuel,Oil and Air Filters.
Replaced MAF.
Replaced Turbo Actuator and circuit board.
No Particulate Filter on this model. (possible Cat fault???)
Could someone please show me where the EGR valve is situated.
Garage assure me there are NO Split Pipes.
PLEASE HELP. Running out of ideas,money and patience

Last edited:
Clean the MAP sensor also check the connector plug and wiring and hope it clears the problem otherwise its possibly the turbos VNT sticking causing an over boost condition.

Its possible to remove and strip the turbo then clean and replace, but let someone who's done one before do it as you have to know what to look for regarding wear and settings.

Hi Simzy, Thanks for reply. Changed Rail because initial fault also showed P2020-001rail pressure to high for closed regulator. This has not returned since change.

Thanks for response. Could you say what the MAP sensor is for and where it is positioned on this model.

derbyman said:
Hi Simzy, Thanks for reply. Changed Rail because initial fault also showed P2020-001rail pressure to high for closed regulator. This has not returned since change.

Oh ok then. I think it could be the cat being blocked as I had this issue. These cars create a nice bit of soot over time and this could be blocking your cat. I had the same issue, fine for a few mins then bam limp home mode.
Only way to test it is to take it off and drive without it on to see if it is the issue. The other two fault you have in my opinion are not related to the limp mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom