detailer recommendation?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grimree

Car
E Class Cabriolet
Hi there, I'm thinking of having my SLK professionally detailed, always believe in 'word of mouth' recommendations over adverts. Need a detailer in the Nth Beds/Sth Northants/ Milton Keynes areas?

(also any idea re cost?)

You could try Krystal Kleen; little south of your preferred area.

Marc Lineker, 07932 402424, 01869 350601

Mic

Contacted a couple of company's cost quoted at £800 (including ceramic sealant)!!

Contacted a couple of company's cost quoted at £800 (including ceramic sealant)!!

I'm guessing you used the exclamation marks to express surprise :eek: :D A professional detailer will not apply a ceramic coating without correcting the clearcoat first. Depending on the condition of the paintwork he may have to go through as many as 3 polishing stages and all this takes a huge amount of time. If he hasn't seen your car he may tend to err on the side of safety when giving you a quote. Ultimate Finish have detailing studios at Brands Hatch in Kent and also nearer you in Luton. They carry pricing for new car detailing on their website. This can be safely fixed since they can accurately estimate the number of hours they will need to invest in the process given the paintwork of new cars should be relatively undamaged (especially if you instruct your supplying dealer not to do a pre-delivery valet). If you look at their pricing you will understand why you are being quoted £800.

New Car Protection Treatment | New Car Protection Detail | Kent | UK

Toobad has pretty much hit the nail on the head there so i won't go into it.
I recently rung around and was given similar pricing i can understand if they have to put a couple of guys on a car for three days and the work involved the price works out.

I have for now chosen to learn to do it myself on the premis that i'll practice very gently on the bonnet and if i C**k it up well i wanted to get the stone chips sprayed out anyway or buy a cheap Bonnet and practice :rolleyes:

@Toobad
I take on board what you're saying, but I still think the price is a bit 'excessive', the SLK is hardly a big car and mine has the glass 'pano' roof, so thats one less panel to treat?

@Toobad
I take on board what you're saying, but I still think the price is a bit 'excessive', the SLK is hardly a big car and mine has the glass 'pano' roof, so thats one less panel to treat?

I've now had a call from one of the companies who quoted for the job reducing their quote by £200 - pays to question a quote?

Try Adam at Refined Details - fantastic service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom