Detailing services

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pembssurf

Car
toyota
I have a C class estate iv just bought, metallic magnetite black and generally in v good condition. There are however some light scratches down both sides where it looks like the past owner lived down a country lane and hedged it a few times, I can't feel them with my finger nail but they are clearly visible now the garages wax coat is wearing off. I have a detailer near me with a very good rep: http://www.premiershine.co.uk/services.php What kind of treatment am I after to get rid of light scratches for good? I am pretty savvy on mechanicals but pretty naive on detailing. If it's something I can do myself il have a go but if I need to buy £100 worth of stuff anyway I'd rather leave it to the pro's! Thanks in advance Adam

Last edited:
Hi Adam, I would pop it over to the detailers and they will advise you accordingly, as they would need to inspect it and check the extent of the scratches and quality of the paintwork.
Without seeing it and if it is not to bad ie not severe enough to require new paint, it will more than likely need a 'paint correction' which will remove all the swirl marks and light scratches, followed by a polish/wax being applied and then a sealant as the final stage/top coat.
To do it yourself, you would definitely need more than £100 worth of materials, as a decent DA Polisher will cost around £120 and then you will need the actual compounds/pastes/liquids/gels etc.
Cost wise I would expect to pay around £500 for a professional to do it.

Just clicked on your link, that would have saved me writing a blurb (lesson learned), the website pretty much lists it all step by step, and quotes prices from £600.

Ahh no worries thanks for taking the time to reply anyway. So I'm guessing 500-600 is the going rate then for paint correction

Wow that's awesome fair amount of money,

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ahh no worries thanks for taking the time to reply anyway. So I'm guessing 500-600 is the going rate then for paint correction
For a full detail with paint correction and a finish coating it's a sensible price for a large car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be inclined to agree ^^^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom