Diesel Fuel Mix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CDL

Car
C250 CDi Sport (W204) - Manual
I have had a few issues with the fuel economy of my C250d Sport manual, since I bought it.
However, in a discussion with the dealer principal, he raised the issue of fuel source, which in my case was Sainsbury's.

He immediately suggested this might be the source of the problem and pulled out an article about Morrisons selling diesel with a 30% bio-diesel content. He noted that MB do not recommend a mix with more than 5% bio-diesel.

I found out that Sainsbury's use a 7% bio-diesel mix, but I also found out that EU law requires retailers to include a minimum of 5% bio-diesel, so Sainsbury's are only just above the legal minimum.

Does anyone have any figures for other retailers? I tried Shell but mpg was worse, so I now use BP.

Alos noted that the minimum bio amount for petrol is going up to 10%, what happens if the amount in diesel is increase? Where will MB stand with their maximum 5%?

Any views?

try some injector cleaner -millers or forte , and see how you go..

im currently experimenting withadding 2stroke oil in my diesel tank..seems to run smoother and quieter, when i use supermarket diesel, but dont do it if you have a DPF or a modern CDI diesel ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom