diesel injectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

donteus

Car
C270 CDI
Hi ALL

after many happy hours of just generally reading stuff on here, I have a question that I have yet to fiond the answer for.

I have a C270 CDI, 52 plate, which is running like a washing machine. uneven tickover, limp home mode etc etc. as suggested, It is booked in for a STAR read next wednesday, so hopefully that will locate the issue.

but, in the meantime, I have a set of 5 injectors from the scrappy, at a very reasonable price. they came from an E class C270, so should be the same as my C class?
injectors seem to have just been fitted, as the injector bodies and bores had been liberally coated in copperslip. didn't seem to be black death on the engine, so can only presume these had been fitted to solve a problem. came out very easily.:thumb:
anyway, I need to check which brand these are, and check if they are correct for my car. I can read the codes printed on the tops, but have nothing to referance them against.

does anyone have the parts code for 270 injectors?

any help appreciated!

the codes

ok, so I have looked on the injectors for a common codes that could be the part number.

on my car, the common codes seams to be A 613 070 06 87. does this seems like the right code?

problam is that the others I have have a slightly different code: A 648 070 06 87

am I looking at the correct codes, and has anyone an idea of what the number segments relate to within the code?

Hi,

I've just checked the injectors for my 2005 C270 on one of the Russian sites and the part number is A613 070 06 87, but there is also a note saying 'Replaced by' A 613 070 09 87.

If you want to check yours on the same site the link is below. Enter your VIN click Find and then select Unit M Engine -> Europe -> 07 Injection -> 105 Bracket, Tube, Pipe and attachments. DET. You will need a browser that can translate Russian into English, I use Google Chrome. However, the site has recently been updated and some of the words don't translate very well, or not at all.

Link - Ìîäåëü

cheers for that.

seems like I will be putting the others up on ebay then.

does seems strange that the 2 engines would have different injectors. both
270CDI, same BHP, CC etc

damn shame as the injectors look hardly used.

You would do better to check the engine code against the Bosch part numbers.

Hi E270

please elaborate on how etc?

and where do I find the engine number?

Is there a Bosch Part No. somewhere on the tops of the ones currently in your car and the set you got from the scrappy, beginning with 0445 followed by another 6 numbers?
Do they match?

Searching on Google and Ebay it also seems that there are different part numbers for manual and automatic models of these cars. I've been unable to find a cross reference site to check different part numbers.

The engine code for mine, as suggested by E270 Owner, is 612962 (1st 6 numbers of engine number) and I would assume that yours is the same, but who knows?

Details of the two different part numbers which I had from the Russian site are below...

A613 070 06 87 Bosch
Mercedes C270 CDI Bosch Diesel Injector A6130700687 - USED | eBay

A613 070 09 87 FEBI BILSTEIN (WARNING! 3 OTHER PART VARIATIONS EXIST FOR THIS VEHICLE|Required quantity: 5|Transmission Type: Automatic Transmission, 5-speed).
Injector Nozzle Mercedes-Benz E-Class/C-Class/Clk 26490 | eBay

The reason for using the engine code and Bosch part number is to get the correct nozzles for your engine variations.
Using this system gives more updated part numbers and cross referencing from Bosch who constantly update their injectors for the OEM stock.

Alternatively send your original injectors off for refurbishment so you keep continuity on the part numbers.

Last edited:
I'm about to fit a reconned set. I won't bother with copper-greasing though - I'll just make inspection a weekly thing - since however fastidious your seat-cleaning efforts, you'll never get it back to factory ... which must increase the probability of leakage.

I'll probably also put some water down the injector wells (at cold start) to check for leaks - though I'm sure there's probably something better to put down there.

Last edited:
I'm about to fit a reconned set. I won't bother with copper-greasing though - I'll just make inspection a weekly thing - since however fastidious your seat-cleaning efforts, you'll never get it back to factory ... which must increase the probability of leakage.

I'll probably also put some water down the injector wells (at cold start) to check for leaks - though I'm sure there's probably something better to put down there.

Mercedes have a cleaning kit that restores the seat and injector housing.

Mercedes have the correct grease for the injectors.

Mercedes have the correct copper washers.

grumpy, unfortunately, they don't match.

mine are 0445 110 121 and the scrappy ones are 0445 110 177

so seems no way around it.........................

I have seen some good words about diesel bob. seems cheap compared to some. anyone used him, and what do you think?

I'm expecting an issue with injectors on Wednesday when star-ed, So want to have something ready to get it fixed before then.

for the record, I reckon low fuel prerssure, and 'failed' injectors, due to the injectors leaking :0)

Mercedes have a cleaning kit that restores the seat and injector housing.

Mercedes have the correct grease for the injectors.

Mercedes have the correct copper washers.
Thanks for that, E270O.
Would you know if the seat kit is a full-on seat-cutter - or a slotted wooden dowel type cleaner ?
Think I'll have to rethink my thinking on injector-grease.

grumpy, unfortunately, they don't match.

mine are 0445 110 121 and the scrappy ones are 0445 110 177

I have seen some good words about diesel bob. seems cheap compared to some. anyone used him, and what do you think?

Your injectors are the early type, the ones from the scrap yard are later ones with different nozzles.

Diesel Bobs gets a thumbs up from me, I have recommended him before.

Thanks for that, E270O.
Would you know if the seat kit is a full-on seat-cutter - or a slotted wooden dowel type cleaner ?
Think I'll have to rethink my thinking on injector-grease.

Never recut the seats unless they are damaged.

Information is in this thread.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/169126-cdi-injector-bolt-repair-time-sert.html

Last edited:
When changing Bosch injectors, ideally you should have them checked/reset at the ECU for correct resistance, using Star.
Otherwise it may deliver the wrong amount of fuel creating a different issue.

This may help whoever does the checks for you... ASNU Fuel Injector cleaning by post

When changing Bosch injectors, ideally you should have them checked/reset at the ECU for correct resistance, using Star.

Irrelevant to these types of injectors. ^^

Also:

Injector coding only indicates in the ECU what position the injector is installed in the engine and nothing to do with fuel delivery, the IMA is done for isolating injectors for testing purposes only.
The ECU always does corrections coded or not.

Matching injectors is more important than coding.

Last edited:

This may help whoever does the checks for you... ASNU Fuel Injector cleaning by post
I was always under the impression that Bosch calibrate them at the factory as type 1,2 or 3 - for under, on and over-tolerance (fuel delivery) - and that the ECU only required recoding if the originals weren't replaced with the same type, so as to adjust opening times accordingly

I was always under the impression that Bosch calibrate them at the factory as type 1,2 or 3 - for under, on and over-tolerance (fuel delivery) - and that the ECU only required recoding if the originals weren't replaced with the same type, so as to adjust opening times accordingly

As in the PDF I have attached above matching is in magnetic groups 1.2.3. on the injector top the number is circled, so its not just the injector part number but class is needed also, not essential but recommended.

Injector coding was needed on a early variant (non UK iirc) then all later types from 2005-6

OK, just discovered from this document, that my injectors need coding : -

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/atta...-service-information_-injector-classification.

Seems there are some 20 different ratings for my kind of Delphi injector, denoted by the six digit alphanumeric code printed on it.
So I've booked it in for a recoding by an indie who's asked me to make a note of each injector's rating code and cylinder installed in.
Said an hour should cover it (some aren't as straightforward as others) - so £70 +VAT.

Last edited:
The later Delphi injectors need coding via Star

This thread was always about Bosch injectors :)

The PDF file is for Bosch not Delphi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom