Difference in w210 front and rear springs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

M.A.94

Car
2001 Mercedes E320 CDI (W210) OM613
I have just purchased a new h&r suspension for my w210 e320 cdi. I've noticed that the front and rear springs are identical. However looking at the shims I've just got from the dealers the rear ones are wider.

Can somebody confirm if the rear springs need to be wider than the front ones. I was going to get them fitted in tomorrow so need to know asap as I would need to cancel on the garage and don't really want to do this at the very last minute.

I'm certain that the rear springs are of smaller diameter than the front springs.

I'm certain that the rear springs are of smaller diameter than the front springs.

Thank you for the prompt reply A111R. Upon further inspection of the springs the part number on all of them ends with the letter HA. This on h&r springs stands for rear. For the front springs the part number should end with VA.

Going to have to get in touch with the seller and request to get two springs swapped for the correct ones.

Although I'm gutted glad I picked up on this before giving the car to the garage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom