Digital Air Traffic Control Tower

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
3203.jpg

Last edited:
"London City Airport chief executive Declan Collier said he is "absolutely confident" that the system is safe from the threat of a cyber attack."

Oh dear .... Hackers love a challenge

MARVELLOUS TECHNOLOGY :thumb: till the occasion the screens go blank and London City Airport effectively disappears into cyberspace. :crazy:

Agreed. All multi-user systems are hackable, even if it's "only" by social engineering.

The display reminds me of Liquid Galaxy, which I ended up being involved with.
65fe2d9bf50fa5d6341caad5500d30ab.jpg
Just Google'd it and found a link referral to me on Wikipedia, nice https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_Galaxy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

I question the term, 'remote'. Does this mean that in a few years air traffic will be directed by people living in Delhi, India, as a way of saving money?

I wonder how impressed the controllers are?

Working in the Tower position used to be our only chance of seeing daylight whilst on shift.

If they've digitised the identification of an aircraft on a computer screen then we're another step closer to removing the human input of Air Traffic Control.

Indeed a slippery slope.....

Was fortunate enough to be shown round the new Tower at Heathrow a few years ago while it was being commissioned, and also saw the training simulator, very realistic, but not real!!

I got the impression that the new tower was overdue, as the local controllers (those in the 'greenhouse' at the top of the tower), in the old tower didn't seem to be able to actually see all of the airfield, too many buildings in the way.......

The last time I had been in an Air Traffic installation was in the 70s, when radar screens showed primary radar blips, with the occasional 'squawk' for identification purposes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom