Digital Lights--Too Much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not at all - I love it. I had the previous generation of ILS, got the current one now based on LED, and would love this in the future.

Thanka for the link ... looking to retrofitting the lighting system to a face lift CLK.

So I'm reading about these new gen led lights that can blank out certain LEDs so as not to blind an oncoming driver. Very good idea, but I have visions of two such cars coming towards each other,and cancelling out into pitch darkness.

There will always be a failsafe lighting level.

It makes sense that this level of control is applied. It will just be making use of sensors that will be there for other purposes such as autonomous driving.

Some will see it as a good thing, others as unnecessary and something else to go wrong.

As long as I can project the word "T*sser" onto the windscreen of the car behind when they get within a certain distance of my back bumper, I'm all for it!

:thumb::thumb:

So I'm reading about these new gen led lights that can blank out certain LEDs so as not to blind an oncoming driver. Very good idea, but I have visions of two such cars coming towards each other,and cancelling out into pitch darkness.

Quick! Someone email Daimler! :p

My lights are already digital... they're either on or off.

It's neat party trick might be the capability to project a powerpoint presentation on the wall

It's neat party trick might be the capability to project a powerpoint presentation on the wall

The possibilities are endless. How about watching catch up TV or reading your phone texts - saves having to hold your phone whilst driving, a new convenience feature.

I've got them, and not to worry. It just puts a nice little black box around the the windows of the car and the rest remains lit. Quite amazing how full beams remain functional. I find it fascinating to watch happen. Bit dangerous as I should keep my eyes on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom