Digital TV?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave.tam

Car
A250 AMG & W205 C250d Sport with Premium Plus pack
Morning,

Any chance I can fit digital tv to my C Class? Was told it couldn't be done to my last one, was hoping this one would be different.

Sorry I don't know the technical model number, but my old car was a 2014 C180 SE Exec with Premuim Plus and the new one is a 2016 C250 Sport with Premium Plus.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Last edited:
You previous car was a W204 and your new car is a W205.

Not sure that in-dash TV is a good idea :D but not starting the video-in-motion debate either....

Anyways.... Alfie and Richard at www.comandonline.co.uk will know all there is to know about these matters (though they will most likely not assist with anything that is potentially illegal).

That's cool, not on about video in motion, don't want to do anything illegal, just want to be able to watch tv :)

Thanks mj, but I'm still a little confused.

It mentions mine being the NGT5*2, but doesn't say much about it. Then it goes on to the NGT4.5 and NGT4.7 and says that they support digital tv, but no mention if my version does. Plus, I think I'd have had one of those versions in my W204 (quick learner lol) and was told by MB that there was no way at all that I could add digital tv.

Where's Alfie when I need him lol

COMAND is optional on the C-Class, so your previous W204 Facelift and your current W205 may or may not have COMAND...

But even if they do, COMAND is modular and you can have various options added to it etc, i.e. having COMAND does not necessarily mean that the TV-Tuner option is included .

Yeah I hear you, but both have comand online. Dealer told me it was a straight up no no on my W204 and when I asked if it was an option on the new W205 was also told that it wasn't even an option.

Seems the boys that retrofit can work the miricles that MB don't wish to do themselves.

Only thing that annoys me is that if MB do it, I assume my warranty is intact, and if it's retrofitted, it would be void?

Alfie, get off your sun terrace in Mijas and help a lad out here lol

Last edited:
NTG 5 is being rolled out across the whole range (at last!). TV is an option on a number of NTG 5 vehicles so I don't see why it cant be added to a C class. It may take some fiddling etc but im sure the parts are available. For some markets it will be almost expected.

I can do some digging around. email me your VIN number to [email protected] and ill take a look when I get back. There will be an NTG 5 vehicle 'on the fleet' in September and he who loves a challenge will no doubt be at work on it ;)

NTG 5 is being rolled out across the whole range (at last!). TV is an option on a number of NTG 5 vehicles so I don't see why it cant be added to a C class. It may take some fiddling etc but im sure the parts are available. For some markets it will be almost expected.

I can do some digging around. email me your VIN number to [email protected] and ill take a look when I get back. There will be an NTG 5 vehicle 'on the fleet' in September and he who loves a challenge will no doubt be at work on it ;)

Excellent news! When you say VIN, is that the same as the chassis number? And also, will you undertaking any work invalidate my warranty?

Any update on is Alfie?

Doh! Email sent lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom