Dimming RVM not dimming anymore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MancMike

Hi,

I noticed my auto dimming rear view mirror doesn't dim anymore. It stays completely bright.

My drivers mirror still dims fine, so it's not the sensor.

The mirror visually looks fine, it's not leaked it's liquid or anything.

Is this a known problem, or what should I check first?

Thanks.

Any ideas? I guess it's not a common problem then?

I did fit a dash cam to that area recently, so I'll go and double check I've not knocked anything plug undone, etc.

Hi,
The RVM is what sends the signal to the side mirror for it to dim, if the RVM is not actually dimming but the side mirror is then I would say you have an internal fault with the mirror this based on the fact that Earlier cars had only one connection, later cars may have more than one plug to the mirror, then if this is the case it may indicate one of these is disconnected, either partially or completely.

Hi, thanks.

You're right I can see the little oval sensor in the mirror. If I shine my phone flash at it, the wing mirror goes black.

I'll pull the overhead console and check all connections. I pulled this down recently to replace the 501s with brighter leds, so maybe I worked something loose.

Thanks. I'll update how I get on.

So i took the mirror off, opened it up, everything looked in order. Reassembled it and it works perfectly again. :D

So i took the mirror off, opened it up, everything looked in order. Reassembled it and it works perfectly again. :D

Probably a lose connection which was fixed by disconnecting and connecting again, good that it's sorted! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom