Dinamica/Artico seats white stain problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Vehicle went in for its seats deep cleaning on Monday 16th Feb, The car came out looking brand new inside & out, However 1 week on the staining is starting to reappear.

Time to phone the Dealership again, :wallbash:

Really:eek:....maybe you should print this off and go and stick it to them were the sun don't shine:D

2015 Mercedes C-Class owners reporting bleeding seats [UPDATE]

Update, email from the dealer, I quote

"We are talking to the factory about this as they appear to be water marks and we have not had any reported issues with other vehicles with the same interior or with the starguard."

Its very interesting to read your comments, I will keep you all up to date.

It's a warranty claim

Hadn't seen this thread before but I have the same problem on my 2014 AMG Spt + saloon. It's a horrible mark on the seat back of the passenger seat, I'd assumed it was a watermark but after a full valet by a trusted professional it came back so i did wonder.

Car went into dealer yesterday for it's first service. I complained about some cracking to the steering wheel leather - fairly minor but want to cover myself for any future handing it back exercise - and also mentioned the seat and how it hadn't gone away with valeting, could they take a look.

Picked the car up late yesterday afternoon and was told they had taken pictures and sent to Merc UK, they expected the steering wheel would get approved but were doubtful about the seats.

Phone call this morning from dealer (Merc Preston), no joy on steering wheel (try again next year! but at least it's logged for any return condition report). They are replacing the seat cover though and not just the passenger one they are replacing them all as they are aware of an issue with this material, only downside is some of them on are back order in Germany so no date as yet. They will need the car for 3 days.

If you have this problem keep pushing as if mine is having the whole car re-done there's no reason others shouldn't get done. My passenger seat looks exactly like the 3rd picture posted by BigE earlier int he thread.

Last edited:
My car is now booked in for the 3rd and 4th to have all the seats replaced so I'll report back once done.

My cars in for its 2nd valet on the 25th, so we'll see what happens after that, but still pushing this issue with my local dealer

my c class sport plus went in today for its 1st B service i told the dealer about the stain problem on the seat ( front passenger at the moment )and the problem with the lacquer on one of the wheels pitting ' they have agreed to renew the wheel and told me " we cant see any problem with the seats ,but keep an eye on it and let us know if it get any worse " That i will, indeed :)

Last edited:
Contrary to my original glee about the marks going away with a valet... So wrong! :fail

They are starting to re-appear - trip to MB Derby planned tomorrow.

A troll round the Internet - on a site called - www.eautorepair.net has this reference - which is a TSB specific site (apparently)...

LI91.18-P-058808 - Staining on Dinamica Seat Covers in Equipment Packages 611/711/741/901/911/921

Would any of our more savvy users be able to tie this to our problem?

Last edited:
I took my vehicle for its 2nd valet on the 25th March, dropped off the car went home, as I walk in the house, Mercedes phoned stating we will change all interior seat covers and have accepted 100% costs for the replacement of all 6 covers, 2 drivers,2 Passenger & 2 Rear Seat !!!RESULT!!! :thumb: So the car is booked in for Tuesday 14th for this work to be carried out under the good old warranty. HAPPY DAYS

SOLUTION:

So it transpires that the issue is with the adhesive used, and it is this that is coming through the seat covers.

Hence, the reason why cleaning or removing Starguard makes absolutely no difference.

I'm now awaiting a call back from the Warranty Manager for the car to go in for the replacement seat covers.

That's interesting, Last time I was at the Dealers, I had a quiet chat with the Valet guy, he stated that Mercedes have had that many problem with this Dinamica material, they stop using it.

I'll have to make sure their aware of this adhesive problems before they fit my new covers then.

I'm also wondering if this is causing the seat problem in the New C Class W205 model.

Think MB is fully aware of what's going on, there were no fob off's - just straight answers. :thumb:

I went it armed with the Technical Service Bulletin no. and my de-coded VIN details in case of any flannel - didn't need them. ;)

Apparently, there was some initial speculation about the fire retardant used, then they figured out it was the adhesive coming through the material.:doh:

Hi all,

I've just ordered the C Coupe and negotiated in free star guarding in the sale so would everyone advise me to ask for it to not be applied to the interior?? or just to not have it applied at all as seems to cause a lot of issues.

I know the Coupe has different seats to the estate and didnt know if they are less prone to the issue or not, has anyone had any experience of this as i have mainly seen people with estates and saloons commenting

StarGuard is not the problem, contrary to earlier views.

The issue was the adhesive used by MB, which came through the seat covers and caused the repetitive stains. It is subject to the Service Bulletin referenced previously.

My car came back yesterday with it's replacement seat covers.

Dropped car of at Mercedes on 15-4-15, new seat covers being fitted under warranty.
had a 15 plate 400 miles E220 saloon in black.
my wife collected the car on 22-4-15, The back seats have been fitted ok acceptable.
the front seat covers particularly the driver front has not been fitted very well.
the plastic door trims have been damaged when the front seats were removed.
now waiting call from Mercedes to book back in for seat covers to be adjusted & new plastic door trims. see photos

Attachments

• new seat covers (3).jpg
    new seat covers (3).jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 117
  • new seat covers (2).jpg
    new seat covers (2).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 112
  • new seat covers (1).jpg
    new seat covers (1).jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 116
Any further progress on this?

I too have a 2013 AMG Sport Plus with the same issue on the front passenger seat, only had the car a few weeks (bought as an approved used from MB dealer)

If this is a go-er warranty wise, I'll throw it back at them..

I've got a 2013 C Coupe with the same issue, taking it into Merc in Reading on Friday morning for them to have a look, will let you know how I get on.

I would get your car's straight back to Mercedes fellows. This is a warranty issue & Mercedes are fully aware of the problem, for which they've issued a service bulletin, apparently the problem is due to the adhesive they used to attach the cover to the seat which reacts to liquids ie Rain & Spills..

I took my car back to Mercedes for the seats valeting twice, and the seats looked great for the first week, but the issue reappeared. So I pushed & pushed the issue with the dealer, finally they took photograph's and sent them to Mercedes UK on the 25th March 15, within a 2hrs of the claim been sent the dealer phoned me, stating Mercedes UK had accepted the warranty claim 100% for the replacement of all 6 covers, 2 drivers,2 Passenger & 2 Rear Seats.

So the car went in on the 14th April for the warranty work to be carried out, and came out the following day, other than a few adjustment once the covers have bedded in for a few months, I cant complain......The Car looks brand new inside...

RESULT......................:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom