Dirty mats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A250 Bennyboy

Car
A Class A250 w176
Hi all I often take my daughter's little fella out for walkies round the local forest. Only trouble is my car foot well gets filthy dirty with mud.
Easy enough to remove with a vac and a damp cloth.
Does anyone know of a foot well liner I can get or maybe a bag I can put the dog in haha only joking about the bag.
Cheers
Ben
Plastic tarpaulin might work I suppose, but would like something fitted if possible, is there such a thing as a foot well liner ?

image-2611852442.jpg

Some before and after photos of it muddy and after a clean

And after quick hovering and a wipe with a damp cloth

And this is the little fella called Abel he might be small but boy does he make a mess

But he's laughing his head off running back to my car haha

Cheers Ben :thumb:

Cleans up well but those first photos make me feel queasy!

Nice wee dog. Just like my Daughters, except hers has a lighter coloured face

Why not get an old used mat off eBay, and just chuck it down on top when you're going for walks

Cleans up nicely.

I think he would not be going in my car though.

You could place him in a sack and tie it round his neck to prevent any mess.

Calm down everyone I love animals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Plastic tarpaulin might work I suppose, but would like something fitted if possible, is there such a thing as a foot well liner ?

Search for Mercedes w176 tailored rubber mat on eBay - lots of choice

Just needs a rug

I like cross country mountain biking - nothing exciting, just bridleways. So I have to put a dirty bike into the back of the estate once a month. Not an issue at all - I just have a double bedsheet and a large rug which I spread out on top of the sheet.

The sheet keeps the interior properly clean, and the rug takes the majority of the cack. Why two - because inevitably something comes off the rug, either from this trip or a previous trip, but the sheet just catches it.

Can't see the need for a "proper" rubber mat - a rug will give better protection across the whole footwell.

Handsome dog - my daughter would love it - why have these things become so popular recently?

How stiff are they? Can't you put them in the washing machine?

I get MrsB to put my slip mats through the washing machine periodically......one at a time.

Mic

I put towels down to take the dog to the vet, he's a drooler.

Have you tried a high pressure hose? Works well for me.

Jet washing works very well, I once spilt milk on my boot When camping and it reeked no matter what I did,
After a good blast with the kracher it got rid of the smell.
Well almost if it was a really hot day it smelt rancid again.
Bet that ST still pongs when it's warm :D

My first car, a Ka, I had the seats out for some welding that needed doing and that meant taking the whole carpet "unit" out, so while it was out I pressure washed that. It was a hot day so the sun dried it in an hour or two, it looked brand new. :bannana:

Living in the countryside mud is a way of life. I swopped out my set of OEM tailored velour mats for a rubber set from Hitech. They use the same rubber as those supplied by the car manufacturers and fit perfectly. I'd suggest the premium version for an extra £5 at £24.99 as they have a slightly raised lip around the perimeter to help contain the mud.

Genuine-Hitech-Mercedes-A-Class-W176-Fully-Tailored-Premium-Rubber-Mats-2012-on £24.99 delivered

You could also treat yourself to a cheapo £19.49 boot liner too:

Genuine-Hitech-Mercedes-A-Class-W176-Rubber-Boot-Liner-Mat-2013-Chequered-£19.49 delivered

A good stiff brush will remove any dried on mud, spray with fabric cleaner and wipe off or if they are minging, pressure wash them.

Our 4x4 suffered from many years of the previous owners dogs in the back, tried all sorts over a 6 month period but a damn good pressure wash has finally done the trick. Cant recommend that enough. Oh, and we dont have dogs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom