Disc's Warped?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercE350

Car
E350 CDI, Sport (265), 125 edt.
Hi, i have a MY16, E350, just about 6500 miles, i am now expericing a "shudder" during braking only, when driving the is not wheel shake indicating that it is not a wheel balancing issues.

Any thoughts

Buckled wheel or out of round tyres can cause these symptoms, wear in suspension seems unlikely at such a low mileage.

Discs could be glazed with pad material. Try a few hard stops from speed, where safe to do so..

Hi, i have a MY16, E350, just about 6500 miles, i am now expericing a "shudder" during braking only, when driving the is not wheel shake indicating that it is not a wheel balancing issues.

Any thoughts

This can be a brake discs, but its more common for the brake pad matirial stuck to the discs.

MB called, they said good news, we can't find anything wrong, don't think that's good news for me, so because I didn't imagine it, I have to go and show the highly trained MB technician what the problem is, how's that for customer service, lol

Both my cars did this, especially the CLS after pootling around town. Just needed a couple of hard stops from 70mph (cough...) to clean the discs up and all fine..

Agree with the above.

A few serious applications should clean them up, usually the case anyway.

Just a different view on this, My 2016 Mercedes 'C' class 220d did this along with a squeal it has only 4667 miles on the clock and all 4 disc were severely scored.
Mercedes Benz have just replaced all four disc and pads at no cost to myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom