Diversity TV antenna system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul Grainger

Car
SL55, Porsche 996 C2 convertible
Does anybody have any info on the MB TV aerial system? Are the wiclic (?) plugs available to purchase?

Can alternative diversity aerial systems be used? does the original system use 'phantom power' along the RF line to provide power to the amp units? or is a seperate power line used?

The MB original parts are outrageously expensive. Clarion do an amplified diversity antenna system for £50 - but the connectors are different.

Can anybody help or make suggestions.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul,

Ive been working on installing the Alpine tv tuner system in mine (awaiting a part), i have just managed to install the diversity aerials in the front windscreen without them being seen too much, all the diversity aerials i have seen are of a headphone jack type plug, the Alpine system came with its own pair (x2)

there was a thread on 12volt.coms forum regarding aerials, i done many a days searching to find alternatives and fitting bits and bobs without much joy!

let me know if i can help in any other way!

cheers

Hi Paul, does anyone have the part number(s) and/or pictures of the diversity antenna. I am assuming you are talking about the small round connector on the lower rear of the command unit? I have been trying to find one at the breakers here in the U.S. I hadn't thought of using an aftermarket part.

Hi Paul, does anyone have the part number(s) and/or pictures of the diversity antenna. I am assuming you are talking about the small round connector on the lower rear of the command unit? I have been trying to find one at the breakers here in the U.S. I hadn't thought of using an aftermarket part.

Which car is it? From another post I was reading W202, did that ever have a factory TV antenna option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom