Do 18" curbed alloys have any value?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GordyB

Recently bought a w208 CLK with a set of 18" wheels on. Don't mind the look of them but they are curbed and heavy with the (I'm told) wrong offset. I want to go back to MB 16 or 17's when I find some.

The wheels are 18's with 4 legal but odd tyres and have Garsson GR 1/12 stamped on the face. All 4 are curbed, are they worth anything - will help me budget for replacements.

Thanks, I'll try to get a picture up soon

Recently bought a w208 CLK with a set of 18" wheels on. Don't mind the look of them but they are curbed and heavy with the (I'm told) wrong offset. I want to go back to MB 16 or 17's when I find some.

The wheels are 18's with 4 legal but odd tyres and have Garsson GR 1/12 stamped on the face. All 4 are curbed, are they worth anything - will help me budget for replacements.

Depends how bad the kerbing is, re-furbs are pretty good these days. Are you sure that they say Garsson and not Carlsson?

If they are genuine Carlsson wheels they could have some value (in the way that AMG wheels would have). Please try to post a picture and any more detail.

Tried to attach a pic of the car - I'll get a close up of the wheels up later today.

Do I have to have a picture hosted online somewhere already to add pictures to posts?

I'll try the window trick see if that's all it is.

Thanks

Attachments

• merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 164

Do you mean Garson, with one "s". I'd stick on fleabay, with 4 legal tyres, they've got to be worth £50 - £100 as a spare set to someone.

You might need to post 30+ comments before your able to post pictures etc etc...

I sold a set of badly curbed staggered 18's on eBay with 6-7mm all round & I got approx 50% of my money back.

How much were you looking to sell them for?
What part of the country are you in?

They look OK from a distance. Someone will buy them, my 16s with all the lacquer peeling and end of life tyres still got 50 quid.

Put them on ebay - I'm always surprised how much and how far people will go when buying alloys .......................suggest you put them on with start price of £100 and see where they go.

Marc

They would actually suit a larger, older Mercedes like a W140 S-class.

I recently put some alloys up on ebay with legal random tyres and i managed to sell them for £30, its worth a try to be honest. Just make sure you advertise for pickup only and there's no loss in it for you!

They're quite attractive - remind me of Olly's monsters - get them on ebay with no or low reserve. Being realistic I suspect you won't get enough for them to dramatically reduce the cost of changing.

Before you do, why not have a look to see if there are any markings on size - might be on the back though - and we can work out what sort of match the offset is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom