Do I need replacement spark plugs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gledsyc63

Car
2012 c63 amg 14 amarok canyon
ive been having some problems with the car seeming like it misfires when driving or the rev needle jumping up and down a couple hundred revs sometimes.

I have full ipe Bmc filters and eurocharged v5 map car is running around 550. I'm running Mercedes spark plugs ngk I think. Are these the right temperature rating for the power I'm running? If anybody would be able to help.

So far I've had jerry update my map on the dyno day, john from bft reset All my cam timings.
Gearbox update fuel pump update and esp update I've tried different maf sensors still no change.
And still the problem persists. Just trying to rule out all options if anyone can help

Thanks

Have you had the car plugged into STAR to get the DTC's read? when was the car last serviced?, how many miles have the plugs done?

ive been having some problems with the car seeming like it misfires when driving or the rev needle jumping up and down a couple hundred revs sometimes.

I have full ipe Bmc filters and eurocharged v5 map car is running around 550. I'm running Mercedes spark plugs ngk I think. Are these the right temperature rating for the power I'm running? If anybody would be able to help.

So far I've had jerry update my map on the dyno day, john from bft reset All my cam timings.
Gearbox update fuel pump update and esp update I've tried different maf sensors still no change.
And still the problem persists. Just trying to rule out all options if anyone can help

Thanks

I'm running Mercedes spark plugs ngk I think. Are these the right temperature rating for the power I'm running?....

A Part Number or Model Number for the plugs you are currently using would help.... there is more than one model of MB-Branded NGK plugs.

I run standard MB plugs on mine and it's fine,

I did have a issue with a misfire last year which turned out to be a faulty fuel injector. However this caused a CEL.

Another possible problem if it's just a slight misfire is the spark plug gap needs checking....again had this happen to me

Have you had the car plugged into STAR to get the DTC's read? when was the car last serviced?, how many miles have the plugs done?

Yes had the car plugged into star last Thursday at my local msl no fault codes, raja is also helping me with the problem. In march this year and done 2600 miles on the plugs.

A Part Number or Model Number for the plugs you are currently using would help.... there is more than one model of MB-Branded NGK plugs.

Part number for plugs is 004 159 39 03

I run standard MB plugs on mine and it's fine,

I did have a issue with a misfire last year which turned out to be a faulty fuel injector. However this caused a CEL.

Another possible problem if it's just a slight misfire is the spark plug gap needs checking....again had this happen to me

Will check them when the car gets garaged for winter. Only other options are if that doesn't work is I will try have the trans oils done again. And trying to avoid this but have the engine software updated them have to get the car remapped using the new engine software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom