Do I need seperate breakdown cover?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
I might be dumb but just had a thought! :dk:
The car is a 62 reg c220 sport plus, bought new and still under warranty for almost 2 more years. if I breakdown off the Isle of Wight (where I live and where I bought the car) Who do I call, not a lot of good ringing the supplying dealer as they are hardly likely to come and fix it. Do I need separate breakdown cover. i.e. AA, RAC etc or do I ring Mercedes emergency services, and would they come?

Who do I call, not a lot of good ringing the supplying dealer as they are hardly likely to come and fix it. Do I need separate breakdown cover. i.e. AA, RAC etc or do I ring Mercedes emergency services, and would they come?

Many new cars come with cover from the AA or RAC included for the first year or first three years.

MB comes with Mobilo which is worldwide (excludes some odd places like Antarctica) cover - most significantly for those inclined to take their cars across the Channel or North Sea thios means that it provides European cover.

It's a good service most of the time.

So you call them.

You should have details in your handbook package.

If you are keeping your car after the warranty expires then read up on it. If you want to keep it then by having your MB serviced by a dealer you can keep Mobilo going past the warranty period. This offsets the cost of dealer servicing to some extent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom